Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
This position is located within Qualcomm's RF Front-End (RFFE) Engineering Department, Qualcomm Netherlands BV Nijmegen. The position offers the opportunity to characterize, validate and verify the performance of RF Front-End Modules against specification to ensure design success. The Characterization manager is responsible for analyzing and reporting the performance of the product under development and provide design feedback to the team. The responsibility also extends to innovating RF/Analog characterization techniques for complex products. Qualcomm solutions include highly customized LNAs, PAs, FEMs, antenna tuner and multi-throw switches in standalone and module packages for 4G and 5G wireless cell phone and ultra-mobile devices. The RF characterization manager will deliver Front-End Module design validations in a fast-paced team environment, and will work closely with RF IC design engineers to optimize a design by extensive data collection, analyzing the data and co-designing the product based on RF system knowledge.
- Design and develop engineering evaluation test boards for RFFE products
- Develop characterization test plans to report the performance of RFFE products in a highly automated RF test environment and in line with overall project design milestones
- Work with LNA test setup such as PNAX, PXA, network analyzers, noise figure measurement, sophisticated ET/DPD system tools, system alignment, transceiver optimization as well as antenna tuners to optimize the performance
- Characterization reporting includes all the parametric data from RF Front End such as Rx path NF, noise circles, IP2/IM2, IP3/IM3, Gain modes, S-parameters of Rx path components, as well as Tx path PAE, Gain, ACLR, power sweep, Rx Band Noise, Spectrum Emission Mask, s-par, x-par, Load-pull, Out-of-band rejection and frequency sweeps amongst others. Collect and evaluate data to verify performance over temperature, voltage, and process corners.
- Summarize and create performance reports, improve report automation
- Select, implement, and maintain test equipment necessary for RFFE product characterization. Work with IC design team to maintain, optimize, and release chip setting for overall optimized product performances.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with the following skills:
- deep understanding of RF testing
- RF circuitry and mixed signal integrated circuits
- PCB design/debug skills
- Lab equipment, including: Spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, digitizing oscilloscopes, signal generators, DMMs, and programmable power supplies.
- Data analysis tools
- Programming skills, C# or Labview
- English, verbally and in writing
7+ Years wireless communications / RF Front End experience
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering required, Master's preferred.
What's on Offer
- Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Commuter Allowance
- 30% Dutch tax exemption for (eligible employees)
- Relocation and immigration support (if applicable)
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Flexible pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- 26 days holiday, increasing to 31 based on service
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Health Club Subsidy
- Active social events calendar
WE INVENT THE TECH THE WORLD LOVES, SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE [...] to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.