The Head of Risk Analysis & Insight sits within theGroup Risk Management (GRM) division reporting to the Group Head of Enterprise Risk Management. Working with the GRM management team, functional heads and 1 st line responsible risk owners across the HKEX Group, this role will leverage the firms risk data, changes in the external environment (be it global financial markets and economic data, regulatory changes and direction, competitive landscape or other) to identify emerging risks and trends for HKEX Group Management and Board escalation. This is a role for an individual with detailed understanding of capital markets, the operation of a critical national infrastructure organisation and ability to drive risk debate and positivechange through rigourous analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors.
- Review and contribute to management or Board discussion and the development of the Group’s Risk Appetite Statements and Key Risk Indicators;
- Establish an appropriate risk strategy to complement the Group’s threeyear strategic plan, clearly outlining the constraints and risks implied in theapplication of the Board approved Risk Appetite Statements;
- Working with the HKEX Strategy Team, represent GRM in the development and oversight of the Group’s three year strategic plan;
- Review and enhance the Group’s risk data and tooling to ensure detailedscenario analysis and assessment of risks can be conducted;
- Perform regular horizon scanning and deep dive research activity on newand emerging risks which may affect the implementation of the Group’s strategy or operations;
- Perform analysis of the Group’s financial planning processes, robustness of its business plans and mechanisms to manage potential upside or downsiderisks to those plans;
- Perform detailed market analysis to form risk based conclusions across all manner of the Group’s activities including market trading and clearing behaviours, potential and realised impacts of market structural changes,implications of specific rules and regulations and threats or opportunities from global financial market trends;
- Support policy and rule (Exchange or Clearing house) discussion anddefinition to ensure the continued competitiveness, quality and resilience ofthe Group’s markets;
- Represent HKEX in risk related policy debate and industry forums asrequired to enhance the reputation of the Group as thought leader within capital markets and ensure risk related feedback is appropriately managed within the organisation;
- Support the risk review process for any new market products, market structural changes and other projects as required;
- Engage management of the Group’s subsidiaries to review and form riskviews on matters affecting their strategy and operations. Escalate and feedinto the Group’s subsidiary management discussions as appropriate;
- Review existing and emerging practices, in line with regulatory requirements, to determine appropriate approaches for the calculation and management (including investment) of the Group’s risk capital;
- Monitor emerging risk management methodologies and coordinate internal review and consideration to ensure continual improvement of the Group’s risk practices; and
- Contribute to the development of GRM deliverables for the management and Board risk committees including but not limited to the Group Risk Officer’ssummary of risks impacting markets and the Group’s operations.
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience in capital markets and preferably within the Exchanges and/or Clearing business;
- Candidates will likely have a consulting background within financial services;
- Advanced degree required, Master of Business Administration (MBA),Masters of Finance or other related fields;
- Experienced senior leader with prior exposure working at both management and Board level;
- Competent in working with and analyzing financial and economic data setsto assess plausible risk scenarios;
- Comprehensive understanding of multiple risk domains across theenterprise with an inquisitive and strategic mindset to challenge and encourage diverse risk debate;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and analysis into meaningful and consumable business insight;
- Ability to interact with operational teams and to promote the risk function;
- Strong decision making and good problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and must be team oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong delivery focus;
- Excellent project management and meticulous attention to details; and
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential and Chinese(Mandarin) is preferred.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.