ING Business Shared Services (IBSS) provides global support services for ING Bank in areas such as operation (e.g. financial markets, lending services), regulatory (e.g. client due diligence, transaction monitoring), risk management, NFR, IT infrastructure and development and many others through 4 branches based in 5 locations: Manila, Katowice, Bucharest, Bratislava and Warsaw. IBSS is in the process of setting up a Branch in Colombo, Sri Lanka (IBSS Colombo).
IBSS Colombo is being set up to facilitate, monitor and grow an existing relationship with an external provider of services. The services relate to ING’s Wholesale Banking global franchises Lending and Financial Markets.
The services, the relationship with the external provider, and the staff providing these services, are planned to expand significantly over the coming years.
IBSS Colombo is currently being registered with the Sri Lanka Registrar of Companies and is expected to become operational in 2Q2021. A small IBSS team will be responsible for the operations of this new branch. The branch will consist of a 1st and 2nd Line of Defense.
IBSS needs a second Line of Defense specialist which in the case of IBSS Colombo will exclusively be Non-Financial Risk (NFR expert). The role will not have any direct or indirect reports. The reporting line of this position will hierarchically be to the designate General Manager of IBSS Colombo and functionally to the IBSS second Line of Defense (Compliance, ORM, IRM).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience with non-financial risk management, passionate about building and expanding from scratch, prepared to work in a small team with significant global and critical responsibilities, and keen to take it on and make it happen.
What are you going to do?
• Identify and assess risks, challenge or approve them, evaluate risk mitigations and remediations.
• Embed ING operational risk framework, including issue tracking, trend and root cause analysis, thematic review audits, training etc.
• Lead and drive risk management and ownership, and act as the first point of contact for operational risk management demands.
• Conduct risk measurements and report to the respective functional and hierarchical leads.
• Perform support activities such as gatekeeper and 2nd Line of Defense monitoring.
• Implement innovative techniques and data driven insights in managing operational risk and improving efficiencies.
Which profile are we looking for?
• At least 10 years within a Risk environment including experience with Non-Financial Risks such as Operational Risk, Information Risk, and Compliance.
• Experience with Business Continuity Planning is an advantage.
• Understanding of current industry trends, threats and opportunities.
• Experience or understanding of 1 st and 3 rd Lines of Defense is an advantage.
• Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
• Independence of mind and capable of working autonomously.
• International or cross-cultural experience preferred.
• Start date: subject to lifting of travel restrictions, as soon as possible, with target date 1 July 2021.
• Reporting lines: hierarchical to the General Manager of IBSS Colombo (to be established) currently Erik Versavel (designate); functional to IBSS BV ORM, IRM and Compliance functional heads.
How to Apply
Apply before 31 March 2021 by email with CV and cover letter.