Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organisationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organised through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for market risk, credit risk and operational risk services for Markets, Corporate Treasury, Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Asset Servicing in EMEA. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under global and regional management.
This role will be part of the Market Risk function within the broader EMEA Risk Management and Global Market Risk functions with a focus on trading book market risk for BNY Mellon SANV and will be based in Frankfurt. The team interacts with the business and the business control partners within BNY Mellon SANV as well other regions and legal entities. This role will report into the SA/NV Chief Risk Officer and Head of Markets Market Risk and will work closely with the Markets business, local and regional Risk Management and Technology functions.
The aim of the role is to provide professional, value added and efficient market risk resource and service through the identification, analysis, monitoring and escalation of market risk exposures, resulting from the Markets activities (market making in FX and STIR products, linear and non-linear) of BNY Mellon SANV, with a focus on the second line of defence monitoring and reporting, including analysis and further enhancement and development of the second control framework.
• Responsible for and managing the monitoring, analysis and reporting of trading risk and positions using available market risk monitoring systems as well as available front and back office systems, to identify any adverse trend and/or violation of limits regarding the (intra-day) positions and market risk exposure of the Markets activities in BNY Mellon SANV.
• Aid in the development, improvement and implementation of market risk procedures and methodologies in co-operation with other departments, such as Credit Risk Market Risk, Finance, Modelling and Technology.
• Analyse the use and suitability of market risk models/parameters, systems and procedures and implementation of new models/parameters and procedures
• Produce periodic and ad-hoc market risk analysis and reporting for senior management and committee review and to support financial and regulatory disclosures.
• Attendance on critical business and risk committees to ensure there is a constant awareness of the market risk management issues affecting (or possibly affecting) the Markets activities in SANV.
• Provide backup to the SA/NV Market & Liquidity Risk Officer based in Frankfurt
QualificationsRequirements: • The role requires an understanding of financial markets; FX and STIR trading and investment instruments (listed and OTC), and the detailed process by which market risks are measured and monitored. • Understanding of historical VaR models, FX spot, DV01 & cross currency basis sensitivity. • Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications (including VBA and SQL). • Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. • Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively (oral, written). • Fluency in English, both conversational and written.