Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for casual RN/RPNs to work at Monashee Mews, our complex senior care community in Lumby, BC.
Benefits of working for Vantage Living:
- Extended benefits. 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Work/life balance. Flexible schedules to support your work-life balance.
- Local. Locally owned and operated, supporting the community.
- Modern. Beautiful, modern communities that inspire lifestyle.
- We’re cool. A fun and vibrant company culture!
- Leads delivery of client-centred care services on a shift-by-shift basis and in accordance with program goals and processes;
- Ensures comprehensive client care plans that are tailored to each client’s short & long term needs are developed, updated and regularly evaluated for effectiveness;
- Monitors changing care needs adjusts care & services as needed;
- Participates in decision-making relating to matters of health & safety, client care and human resource management;
- Ensures client electronic and health records are managed appropriately by all team members;
- Ensures proper procedures & legalities are adhered to regarding confidential matters and records containing client/family, employee and volunteer information, company data and medication information;
- Ensures adequate supplies and resources are available to fulfill program requirements;
- Provides leadership, and direction for team members involved in the provision of client care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives;
- Interpreting, developing and implementing policies, procedures and clinical protocols;
- Coordinates move-ins, transfers and move-outs of clients within assigned areas;
- Liaises with health authority representatives, pharmacy, paraprofessionals, physicians and other stakeholders to ensure individual client needs are addressed and includes input from clients and their families; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Be Considered:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and or Nursing Diploma;
- Full scope of practice RN/RPN with membership in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals;
- Strong desire to enhance the lives of seniors by leading & mentoring team members and coordinating care services around client needs, abilities and preferences;
- Computer literate and familiar with electronic health records including interRAI and eMAR;
- Valid First Aid Certificate (includes CPR B); and
- Minimum of two years experience successfully coordinating care and service delivery within a complex care environment preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.