MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class, select service hotels across Canada. MasterBUILT lives and breathes hospitality, developing more ground up hotels than other company in North America. As a Gold Standard winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, MasterBUILT believes in investing in the development of talented people with a passion for delivering exceptional results and a desire to learn and grow.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham is an all new construction, limited service hotel brand targeting the midscale segment of the market. Part of the Wyndham Hotel Group family of brands, Microtel has won the JD Power & Associates award for top guest satisfaction in its segment 12 of the past 13 years – an unprecedented achievement in any industry – and has consistently been rated #1 in its segment for RevPAR market penetration in the U.S. (based on STR data).
Within Canada, Microtel is the fastest growing new construction brand in the country with over 40 new hotels scheduled to open by 2025. Microtel’s rapid growth is backed by the strength of MasterBUILT® Hotels’ commitment to develop at least 75 Microtel hotels by 2036, making it one of the most dynamic new brands to ever enter the Canadian marketplace.
HOUSEKEEPING / ROOM ATTENDANT
Microtel Inn & Suites Portage la Prairie, MB
The Housekeeping / Room Attendant will be responsible for the professional cleaning of all assigned guest rooms to achieve the standard of productivity and presentation required by hotel and company policy.
This position requires the ability to be flexible with hours of work, as shifts will include early mornings, late evenings and weekends. Both part-time and full-time positions are available.
- Greet, interact with and ensure excellent stays for guests
- Be a strong, supportive team member
- Clean guest rooms, storage areas and corridors as allocated, achieving standards of cleanliness and presentation
- Clean rooms as per the checklists
- Ensure guest supplies and advertising material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished, achieving the correct standards for the room type
- Restock carts and storage areas for proper inventory/operational levels
- Report and log any lost and found items
- Ensure the security of keys and guest rooms at all times
- Understand the correct usage and storage of cleaning agents in line with health and safety regulations and manufacturer’s instructions
- Use and clean equipment with care reporting any defective equipment
- Carry out deep cleaning duties
- Use hotel linen in an efficient and cost effective manner while ensuring corridors are free from dirty linen
- Report all maintenance issues as per hotel policy and procedure
- Assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-ordered work area in line with hotel policy
- Contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety by reporting of suspicious persons and handling of keys/cash
- Special attention paid to dusting – all furniture in and out, lamps and shades, window sills, pictures, mirrors and frames, television, door frames, closet and shelves and rods
- Wash and disinfect telephones
- Empty and wash all trash cans, waste baskets and ice buckets.
- Vacuum entire room and closet, moving light furniture
- Make beds using sheets and following hotel procedures, replacing duvet, dirty mattress pads as needed
- Wash and disinfect sinks, vanities, toilet bowls, tanks (inside and outside), tiles, tubs, soap dishes, shower stalls etc.
- Clean and shine faucets, pipes, shower heads and towel racks
- Replace all used amenities and linen as needed
- Mop bathroom floors
- Set alarm clocks and thermostats according to summer/winter temperatures in check out rooms
- Stock caddies supplies and cleans mobile pack system on a daily basis
- Ensure lights in guestrooms are turned off when rooms are vacant
- Ensure mobile packs and vacuums are returned to closet any time when not in use, including prior to breaks and at the end of the shift
- Ensure linen closets and fire exit doors are kept closed at all times
- Ensure keys are signed in and out at the beginning and end of every shift
- Empty soiled linen into the bin provided in each service areas and to report when bin is full
- Collaborate with team members and management in accordance with rush rooms, and other special request rooms
- Collaborate with team members to manage unexpected changes in assignment such as cleaning a room under someone else’s assignment in exchange for a room in your section
- Ensure all tidy ups of assigned rooms are completed before the end of shift
- Report all Lost and Found items from check out rooms to Supervisor
- Carry out any other assignments requested by the Executive Housekeeper
- 1-2 years of experience working in a similar role, previous hotel experience considered an asset
Mission Critical Competencies
- Strong attention to detail, quality workmanship
- Ability to demonstrate being a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A fun, positive attitude with a sense of humour
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- A compensation package that provides incentives and rewards performance
- A flexible benefits package that supports various personal/family situations and work environments
- A rewarding corporate culture that fosters a positive team and family spirit
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
- A fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement
Please apply online at [...] We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs) are not supported for this position. Legal entitlement to work in Canada is required.