We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
This is a hands-on role within our project team reporting to and providing assistance to the EHS Manager. This is a full rounded and hands on position where we are preparing for the opening of our production facility in Bellevue, your responsibilities will be varied and include the following:
• Implementing and maintaining EHS initiatives and codes of practice, policies and risk management strategies across all sites.
• Assistance in the management of Project EHS risks and engage personnel at all levels in fostering a high-performance Environment Health, Safety and culture.
• Assist Managers with the development and ongoing review of EHS Risk Assessments, Safe Work Method Statements and Safe Operating Procedures.
• Advise key stakeholders on EHS and risk management techniques, methods and controls across all aspects of the project with employees and subcontractors.
• Deploying Alstom’s EHS programs standards and tools to achieve objectives and drive continuous improvement.
• Maintain the EHS Management System, in line with Alstom standards and international standards (EHS roadmaps, ISO14001, ISO 45001:2018, AS4801 and AS4292)
• As well as all of your general EHS duties like our site inductions, return to work plans, audits, reporting and more.
This role will be based in the Perth CBD initially and move to the new Bellevue facility in Jan 2021.
What you’ll bring to the team:
We are looking for someone who has hands on operational experience and is prepared to be a part of the team from the beginning, this means in some areas starting from square one while still thinking of our long term game.
• Qualification in HSE and demonstrable experience as an HSE Advisor, Specialist or Coordinator.
• Background in manufacturing, rail, supply chain, logistics, construction, or safety critical environment preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work and travel to sites independently, prioritise demands, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
• Proven experience of EHS, knowledge of local legal requirements.
• A high level of communication skills to be able to work in a multi-cultural environment and respectfully communicate across cultures.
• A positive, self-motivated and team player attitude and attributes.
We have a lot on offer for our employees and this is a very exciting time to be joining our project. We offer a competitive salary, one year contract with strong view of permanency, fantastic learning & development portal and this is a truly unique opportunity in Perth that is not to be missed.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.