Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
- To support the Safety & Health manager for operational safety compliance with all Swiss Legislative & Syngenta Internal regulations.
- To support Monthey staff in their understanding of hazardous control measures associated with site operational activities and to provide practical services and advice to enable them to minimize the likelihood of safety hazards
This role is split in 2 areas:
- HSE projects ( 35%)
- Site operational and HSEQ department activities ( 65%)
1 - HSE Project
- Implementation or optimization of safety process; formalize directives and ensure appropriate training.
- Transverse HSE subjects which impact the entire site.
2 - Site and HSEQ department operational activities
- Operational risk assessment
- Safety expertise on site
- Investigation & learnings & Internal communication
- Ensure technical trainings (safety and health prevention and protection)
- Limited subjects: short term or safety critical actions
- Audit: member of the team of internal audit
- Leadership & culture
- Training and awareness of staff on HSE subjects
- Swiss regulatory environment and its application in the process industries : SUVA safety engineer or adviser strongly recommended
- Risk assessment and incident investigation in the Process Industries.
- Understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Engineer (HSEQ, Chemist, technic, …)
- Knowledge of the methods of risk assessment (workplace risk assessment, HAZOP, APR)
- Knowledge of the various types of dangers ( HSE)
- Industrial Site Production experience
- Interpretation of current & forthcoming safety legislation (Swiss and CE) and Syngenta standards and implement &ensure appropriate local documentation
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Work place risk assessment
- HSE management systems
- Standard safety procedures (permit to work, mods, incidents investigations…)
- Good knowledge of the site organization
- Networking and communication skills
- Good comprehension of the needs of the field operations
Critical leadership capabilities
- Flexibility and tenacity
- Influencing skills
- Planning and organization
- Analytical thinking
- Team worker
Critical success factors & key challenges
Critical success factors:
- Demonstrated improvement of Health and Safety performance (audit, matrices, risk management, lag & lead measures)
- Enhance of relevant site staff safety and health competences
- Build trust & credibility with the site community
- Understand Syngenta & legal requirements and HSEQ management systems
Interested? We are looking for your application!
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.