Workplace Security & Safety Manager - EMEA
Location(s): Dublin, Ireland
Work matters. It is where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We are dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That is why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you are an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Organization and Team
The Workplace Services (WPS) organization is responsible for curating and sustaining our unique ServiceNow work environments around the world, helping to bring our purpose to life in the physical sense. We own the full life cycle of our physical workplaces, from ‘ideation to expiration’, and we are a key influencer of the employee experience by way of our workspaces, services and amenities. The Workplace Security and Safety team plays a critical role within Workplace Services with a responsibility of protecting the health, safety, and security of our employees, visitors, and contractors. To accomplish our mission, we are seeking a Workplace Security & Safety Manager to support our EMEA operations.
The Security & Safety Manager is the senior member of the Global Security and Safety team in the EMEA region and is responsible for holistic security and safety management of approximately 25 office locations, to include physical security, Health and Safety, crisis management and technological and operational security design and implementation. This role requires to be a relationship builder to interact with senior ServiceNow executives and stakeholders across the full spectrum of business unit owners within the company.
What you get to do in this role:
You will report to the Senior Manager of Global Security and Safety and help carry out our core mission statement throughout the region. You will hold responsibilities across the entire spectrum of security and safety management duties including but not limited to;
- Provide leadership and direction for the company within all areas of environmental concerns, health, and the safety of our employees worldwide.
- Develop and manage global EH&S programs in the areas of office ergonomics, Hazard Communication, Contractor Safety, Industrial Hygiene, IIPP, Emergency Response, homeworkers, ladder safety, travel safety, PPE and other safety and health related programs
- Participate in key business strategic initiatives related to EHS and community communications.
- Draft a comprehensive communication plan throughout the company and develop site initiatives to improve general EH&S awareness
- Advise and inform all employees on EH&S topics and ergonomics to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone
- Build and maintain a security and safety focused culture by meeting with stakeholders, creating new stakeholders and seeking out value adds for security partnerships
- Develop, rehearse, and modify all associated security, crisis and emergency plans across the region. Conduct root cause analysis and investigations into security and safety incidents at assigned sites to include, but not limited to fraud, theft, burglary, assault, safety incidents – including interviews, CCTV review, and write extensive reports including action points
- Support new building openings by providing security and safety risk gap assessments, reviewing design drawings, and ensuring physical security concepts and support are enabled for the site, additionally providing onsite quality control work and managing new vendor installations
- Enforce budgetary compliance as it relates to service at each location
- Collaborate with BCM program office to develop, implement, and maintain a Regional Crisis Management Plan based on the ServiceNow Corporate Crisis & Resiliency Plans
- Implement and deploy enterprise emergency response program focused on employee life safety and readiness
- Act as a liaison for relationship with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and professional security and EH&S groups
- Implement, support, and manage all security and safety programs including travel security, executive protection, corporate events, ergonomics, emergency response, life safety, regulatory compliance, risk management, etc.
- Participate in strategic planning for Corporate Offices and effectively advocate on behalf of the Workplace Security & Safety team and our internal customers
- Effectively influence management, stakeholders, and 3rd party providers to prioritize remediation of security issues
- Serve as a subject matter expert on EH&S and physical security, providing consultation to WPS teams and other key stakeholders
- Drive adoption of physical security and regulatory safety standards for corporate offices and other critical locations across the company
- Create engagement with other stakeholder teams to ensure security and safety needs are part of the earliest phases of facility design
- Partner with peers in the Physical Security and EH&S field to explore new industry best practices and assess their strengths, weaknesses, and suitability
- Manage service provider’s efficiency and service delivery quality though KPIs
- Adapt standards and design compensating controls to work within local laws and regulations for various domestic and international jurisdictions
- Periodic travel (up to 15%) to company and 3rd party locations, in rare cases with minimal notice, is required, including some international travel
- Be available on a 24/7 basis to address critical health, safety, and security incidents across the region
- Develops and provides EHS training for all levels of the organization based on best practices, regulations, and standards. Plans and conducts new hire safety orientation. Provides on-going training as necessary
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- University degree or postgraduate studies of health and safety discipline
- Overall experience of 10+ years in security and safety management with a major portion of that experience leading safety program in a corporate environment
- Demonstrable experience in corporate security management and managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Advanced command of English (spoken and written)
- Exceptional writing, research, and analytical skills
- Experience designing security and safety plans and conducting risk assessments for new buildings or facilities, to include placement of access control, cameras, and visitor systems management systems.
Professional Experience/Skills Preferred
- Multi-disciplinary backgrounds (e.g., Security Ops Management, Safety Compliance, Security Technology experience)
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment and hyper growth organizations
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and use of our business solutions
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Business applications
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent preferred
- Current certification in first aid/CPR/AED is required
- GDPR knowledge is a plus
- Thinks Strategically – Knows what it takes to maintain a vantage point with a comprehensive view of the company, its clients, and their shared interests
- Makes Smart Decisions – Analyzes and synthesizes broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight. Makes a company-wide impact
- Collaborates & Communicates – Works well within a team environment with dynamic professionals from broad backgrounds. Writes and presents effectively in 1:1 and large group situations
- Drives Results – Works independently and collectively to attack problems and analyze root cause. Implements appropriate changes to ensure delivery of services that exceed customer expectations
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.