“Edge Technology Group. We work with passion and integrity to deliver First Class IT services to Financial Services firms through friendly, professional, & quality staff. Our staff are our product and our service is our excellence.”
- Always act in a professional manner.
- Set a positive and motivational example to others.
- Encourage team work and to always speak positively about the organization, our clients, and your colleagues.
- Operate with a “Help First” mind-set.
- Innovate, inspire, and lead by example.
- Treat others as you would expect to be treated.
- Support one another.
The Business Development Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the Business Development Team in delivery of strategic and operational services to our clients.
The role offers the opportunity to work alongside the Client Relationship and Technical Managers (CRM & CTM) across multiple disciplines including service delivery, project management, sales pipeline and opportunities management, invoicing, procurement and reporting.
From the outset the core elements of the role will encompass a mix of client facing support for the CRMs in the management of clients along with execution, oversight and development of key internal processes that enable the execution of outstanding service delivery.
The Business Development Co-ordinator will also play an important role in supporting the Business Development Manager and the team in the creation, management, and evolution, of the workflows, systems, policies, and procedures required to provide our clients with the highest level of service.
As part of a relatively new team the role will demand an energetic and enthusiastic individual with the motivation and experience to understand, identify and drive improvements in effectiveness and efficiency for clients, within the team and with the business as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be from a technical service delivery background with experience in process or project management supporting a breadth of technical and IT operational services in a client facing role. Some experience in the financial, professional services or Alternative Investment Market would be an advantage.
This experience will be complemented by a high level knowledge and understanding of the basics of networking, private, public and hybrid cloud technologies in a business context.
Business Development Coordinator Responsibilities
- Supporting CRMs in management of allocated client accounts
- Scheduling and attending regular and agenda specific client technology meetings
- Creation and coordination of sales opportunities, service tickets and work plans
- Preparation for meetings – ticket logs, action items and agenda
- Distribution of post meeting notes and execution of follow up items
- Coordination of the inside sales (opportunities) process
- Organisation and status reporting the opportunities portfolio
- Classification of opportunities and organisation of project and revenue pipeline
- Supporting CRMs in management and updates to opportunities
- Flagging any opportunities that need attention or are at risk
- Managing and assisting handoff of opportunities to the Professional Services team
- Coordinating and collating information for scheduled works from opportunities
- Team Support
- Diary, scheduling and administrative support for the Business Development Manager
- Assist with coordination of Monthly Executive reports
- Month end/invoicing - Collate and coordinate client headcounts, assist CRMs in invoice review
- Client event organisation and management
- Support and backup to the procurement and purchasing coordinator
Business Development Coordinator Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technology focused field or with the equivalent professional experience.
- Proven track record in a service delivery or project management role
- High level knowledge and understanding of the application of networking, private, public and hybrid cloud technologies in a business context.
- Basic understanding of the principles of IT operations, security, compliance and governance.
- Solution driven approach to problem solving.
- Positive and Tenacious attitude with the enthusiasm to realise opportunities and drive improvements.
- Capable of producing concise and polished pricing, proposals and reports.
- Able to display an innovative, can-do approach to problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Team player with a demonstrable record of outstanding leadership, communication, collaboration and reliability.