Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do―it is our legacy. Our core values―respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion―guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
The purpose of this position is to increase year over year revenue by securing contracts for the products and services provided by John Crane Thailand with existing and new clients and manage key contact relationships for customer retention.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare an annual sales plan and budget and execute the plan to exceed sales targets from existing and new clients, and increase revenue from the previous year.
- Grow market share by identifying new business opportunities and securing contracts with new customers.
- Target new areas and clients to grow market share.
- Upsell and expand revenue with existing clients.
- Manages sales activities expenses within approved budget.
- Secure sales contracts within budgeted pricing guideline and meet John Crane Thailand standards for margins.
- Continually update industry, product, competitor, and market knowledge and provide information to Global Sales and Finance Departments.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
- Conduct sales and budget reviews that identify new opportunities for revenue growth and identify negative variances to plan.
- Take action to secure additional revenue from identified new opportunities and take action to mitigate risks and negative variances.
- Provide weekly/monthly/90-day sales forecasts and explain variances to forecasts.
- Provide information to the Sales Manager for pricing strategy development and implementation.
- Follow up on post-sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction, and work with internal resources to address and resolve issues that resulted in unsatisfied customers.
- Develop and maintain key account relationships that support long term customer retention and revenue growth.
- Participate in contract reviews with senior management.
- Prepare for and participate in hand over meeting with Technical and Engineering staffs for service delivery per contract.
- Ensure the company is represented in various industry forums, associations, and trade shows which in turn will generate customer awareness.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with company Ethics Code, health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in sales preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Excellent sales skills including cold calling, building desire, selling value, closing and customer service
- Demonstrated experience of achieving year over year sales growth
- Ability to achieve results with minimal direct supervision
- Basic English communication skills as the individual needs to make presentations for customers and potential customers and present in a professional manner
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP Systems or experience in SAP an advantage
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.