The Sales Manager is responsible for selling Harmonic’s Video streaming solutions in the assigned territory through new business acquisition and/or growing existing accounts. This involves developing and maintaining relationships with senior level business, finance and technical executives and demonstrating how our solutions will allow them to efficiently run critical video services for their business. The incumbent would ideally be based in France.
This is a complex Video streaming solution and/or SaaS (Software-As-A-Service) sale and relationship management position that requires understanding the customer's business and technology environment. The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert in product and market expertise.
- Manage and develop market leadership in the allocated countries / region
- Develop a direct relationship and develop new video streaming opportunities with existing key accounts and new customers.
- Manage and develop the direct or indirect sales strategy aligned to the Harmonic Go-To-Market model and strategy
- Develop and implement long term customer account plans and short/medium term opportunity plans in support of company goals and quota objectives
- Identifying, qualifying and closing new business with existing strategic key accounts in the given territory
- Define and promote the business models that will best fit the customer expectations
- Identifying and securing new accounts and growing long-term successful relationships
- Establish and/or develop a strong relationship with Harmonic’s Strategic and Technology partners to cooperate on business opportunities and jointly offer a comprehensive ecosystem to the customers
- Define and implement an aggressive customer acquisition strategy including a clear plan to take out customers from the competition
- Plan and organize the support to the Indirect Sales partners (Reseller, System Integrators…).
- Align and prioritize efforts based on company’s target initiatives to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction for target account(s)
- Builds and maintains knowledge base of Harmonic’s products, solutions, and services to adequately support the assigned market sector(s)
- Understand, articulate and document the business and technical needs of the assigned major account(s)
- Report key information in a timely manner and bring visibility to the Company with accurate forecasting
- Effectively and appropriately engage sales resources – technical pre-sales, product management, program management, partners, executive team and legal – and coordinate internal and external participation in tactical and strategies initiatives
- Successfully close business by developing customer centric solutions based on the specific needs of the customer
- Meet or exceed sales quota
- Respond to RFI/RFPs, creating proposals, developing ROI and TCO analysis
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry news and trends, products, services, and competitors
- Represent Harmonic and promotes positive image and brand during relevant industry events
Qualifications and Experience required
- Representing and embodying the sales organizations values of: Individual Leadership with accountability, commitment to goals and ability to mobilize for success; Customer Advocacy with the ability to listen to the customer to gain insight and then orchestrate solutions; Team Representation with the ability to lead, collaborate and then accelerate the team to success
- Demonstrable experience in a regional sales management role, preferably acquired in the video infrastructure delivery market
- Understanding of and ability to succinctly articulate the current strategic needs of Harmonic’s customers in the nominated accounts
- Significant market contacts, technical knowledge and experience selling complex video technology solutions
- Successful experience in proposing and selling SaaS solutions
- Proven background in developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Experience in closing large and multi-year technology deals
- Proven track record and comprehension of the latest principles, methods and processes for demonstrating, promoting, and selling products and services in target market sectors
- Knowledge of practical applications and relevant engineering technologies including principles, techniques, procedures, and competitive benefits of Harmonic’s products and solutions
- Knowledge of strategic value proposition required to offer solutions and support geared toward substantive customer satisfaction levels.
- Influence and Negotiation
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a proactive, aggressive and tenacious hunter sales approach to acquire new customers
- Business Acumen & Business Analytics: Pipeline/forecast management and ability to articulate business case
- Verbal: Must have executive presence and clear communication skills (internal/external)
- Persuasion: Capability of persuading others to accept product/solution concepts that may differ from their initial perspectives
- Judgment and Decision Making: Mitigate Harmonic’s risk, manage expenses, comprehension of the relative liabilities and benefits of potential actions, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Consultative Sales: Must exhibit ability to effectively comprehend, analyze, and resolve sales situations within the construct of the typical and newly developed strategic accounts
- Language: English & Dutch or any local language spoken in the assigned territory.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must demonstrate a high EQ and have the ability to maintain constructive, assertive, collaborative and cooperative working relationships with peers, cross functional organizations and partners; collaborative team player
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge: Must keep up-to-date with technical, operational, and commercial aspects of Harmonic’s products, services and solutions and knowledge of external best in class marketing solutions and approaches
- Creativity: Develop creative tactical sales positioning and solution selling methods to suit demanding sales situations
- Software Tool and Programs: Use of Harmonic’s standardized applications to optimize the execution of deliverables
- Proven experience of success with new strategic account development within the Broadcast, Telecom and/or SaaS market sectors.