Job Title: Sales Manager, TSS Imaging and Detection, North and Central Region
United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland and the Nordics - Remote
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer and COVID-19, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sales Manager position is a field-based management position accountable for North and Central sales results for Imaging [EVOS Cell Imaging Systems & High Content Analysis (HCA)] and Detection instruments [Thermo Plate Readers and Plate Washer]. This position is responsible for achieving revenue targets, leading business processes and managing the resources associated with the Instruments & consumables. Incumbents in this position are accountable to the EMEA lead for Imaging and Detection and Commercial Operations leadership for; achieving agreed upon sales and financial targets, establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customers, ensuring effective sales and service coverage in North and Central regions, attracting and retaining qualified Technical Sales Specialists to realize growth opportunities within the North and Central and, providing service to customers consistent with Thermo Fisher Scientific standards and expectations.
What will you do?
- Delivers on the vision and strategy for the Imaging business to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific Commercial management for the Region.
- Influences and interacts with the local marketing team and sales teams/channel partners, works within the Imaging leadership team to deliver on consistent approaches across the EMEA Regions.
- Directs the tactical implementation of the business plan to meet objectives across the teams and geographies– including growth initiatives, sales to new accounts in target industries, successful introduction of new products.
- Participants in continuous process and operational improvement opportunities.
- Oversees contracts/quotations within Thermo Fisher Scientific Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin with guidance from Director of Sales, EMEA lead for Imaging and Detection and Commercial Operations’ Finance department.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
How will you get here?
- In partnership with other members of the management team, scope out the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for the portfolio.
- Implement the commercial strategies, ensuring alignment with the global and regional plans.
- Ensure alignment across the Regional Imaging teams for consistency with strategy & tactical plans.
- Through Technical Sales Specialists, directs the process of selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Imaging products and services to customers and prospects
- Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use a CRM system and other designated IT tools
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth – Engage in business development for emerging technologies or market segments.
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance. Manage the business’s budget appropriately.
- Partner with other members of the management team, globally and in the region, to formulate cross functional strategies for accelerated growth.
- Monitor market intelligence and keep abreast of competition; economics, and the regulatory environment.
- Lead a technically-savvy team; hire, motivate, and retain staff, to build a high performing team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field. Country equivalent or relevant experience
- Experience working at a management level in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Scientific sales experience in Imaging or detection instruments.
- Strong organizational, time-management, along with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site. Possesses a competitive nature, a high degree of persistence with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate at executive levels within globally branded/ globally located companies.
- Must be willing to travel up to 70%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000+ extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.