This position is responsible for managing the sale of the organizations products or services to specific named existing or strategic accounts. The position may work independently or manage the activities of other sales personnel and it is responsible for attaining sales objectives for the region or strategic accounts attaining a personal sales and/or team target. This is an advanced level sales expert who may also have leadership skill and experience.
1. Call on regular customers to identify sales opportunities consistent with Itron's current products and strategic direction.
2. Quote prices and credit terms, prepare sales contracts for orders obtained and estimate delivery dates.
3. Coordinate Itron activity within the customer organization including training, implementation and service and support.
4. Responsible for budgeting and resource planning as well as analyzing cost effectiveness of all programs to maximize return on investment.
5. Prospect and identify business opportunities with new and existing accounts.
6. Provide pro-active communications to clients informing them of sales achievement, company and industry new items, as well as successful product applications.
7. Primary decision making responsibility for business management decisions in the area.
8. Represent the company in regional and national trade shows.
9. Follow-up on orders and coordination between organizations to ensure orders are filled and world-class customer service is provided.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Certification(s): Travel: 50 - 70%
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Region: Latin America
Primary Location: Americana Sao Paulo
Employee Status: Regular
TAG: Sales, Sales