Network and Security Account Manager
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
The Account Executive within the Network and Security Business Unit (NSBU) is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s NSX internal and external sales team. This extended team drives toward a common goal within a set number of Enterprise and Global Accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware NSX foothold across the assigned regions. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account. It changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
• Collaborate closely with core field team, participating in detailed account planning and opportunity identification & management
• Build and own the NSX pipeline in accounts (both existing and prospective), ensuring the healthy balance of sales stage maturity required to consistently deliver in the current quarter and the longer term.
• Partner with regional teams to build, maintain and execute a business plan for NSX.
• A subject matter expert in NSX product licensing requirements and roadmaps
• Develop and build complete solutions, incorporating services to deliver positive business outcomes
• Act as an Industry Expert for NSX - staying up-to-date with market activity, including regular competition analysis
• Regular two way communication to promote team collaboration with internal resources such as technical, marketing and professional services on the networking and security needs, and business issues of the customer.
• Educate broader VMware team on NSX to lift capabilities across region.
• Collaborate with partner team to assist in the development, enablement, and growth of channel for NSX.
• Ensure services and education teams are aligned with messaging and included in solutions.
• Be an evangelist for NSX, present at events as subject matter expert and thought leader
• Build and develop collateral around business justification for NSX.
• Utilize Value-Selling sales methodology including VMware sales tools and process as amended from time to time, to communicate, report, track and manage sales.
Education and Experience
• Min 8-10 years technology related sales experience
• In-depth knowledge of the networking, business vertical, industry trends, customer challenges and competitive landscape
• Experience in managing relationships and influence within a customer and with external third parties that formulate a customer’s strategic thinking and actions
• Experience of working in a matrixed organization
• Strong experience leading a multi-functional team in complex engagements
• Proven ability to engage at C-level for the purposes of solution selling, establishing peer relationships, articulating strategic vision
• Ability to operate in a Channel driven sales environment with complex global alliances
• Proven track record of achieving business objectives, in a highly competitive environment, working with commercial and enterprise clients
• Tertiary qualification in Business (or similar) or equivalent commercial experience
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-22