GLG’s Core Engineering team builds the technology eco-system that enables effective and efficient operations for the company globally. Our team of engineers are laser focused on deploying technology solutions that instrument the business, modernize the systems stack, increase cybersecurity maturity, and enable enterprise productivity.
Reporting to the Head of Sale Technology, the Salesforce Administrator/Engineer will be a key member of team helping drive GLG’s sales technology modernization and digital transformation. They will collaborate with a talented team of engineers, business analysts and administrators to transform the company’s instance of Salesforce to the Lightning experience through anchoring on the native capabilities of the platform. A key focus of the team is to drive forward the Sales organization’s most important initiatives, including the professionalizing of the CRM and embedding a simplified and easy to use experience into workflow. This individual will partner closely with a variety of team members and stakeholders to pioneer and implement best-in-class sales solutions to foster a high-growth, data driven Sales organization.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Modernize GLG’s Salesforce instance through administration, good hygiene, innovation, maturity (including migration to Lightning) as guided by the CRM roadmap to increase effectiveness for the business.
- Partner with a talented team of Salesforce engineers, administrators, architects, and third party partners to build a best in class SFDC instance for GLG.
- Innovate new capabilities that optimize Salesforce data hygiene and enrichment.
- Build simplified and easy to use Salesforce components that can be embedded into workflow and reduce manual effort and offline spreadsheets.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across all levels to deliver value and reduce identified common friction points.
- Provide routine updates, validation of releases, evaluation, testing, and rollout of new Salesforce integrated applications.
- Innovate data driven sales dashboards, that increase visibility of the sales’ team performance, KPIs, and account health.
- Help identify operational process recommendations and system improvements that can be made based to existing workflows, decreasing time intensity of sales and central operations.
- Collaborate with product and core engineering teams on Salesforce’s integrations with GLG products.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years of applicable experience in Sales Technology, SalesOps, or a Sales leadership function.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proven expertise developing on the Salesforce platform (Lightning components, APEX, VF) is required.
- Experience in implementing SFDC configuration features Validation rules, Workflow rules, Approval process, ProcessBuilders.
- Demonstrated success in configuring the App exchange Apps .
- Ability to effectively manage Sandboxes and organize backups.
- Knowledge of version control, Salesforce release management tools and configuration.
- Salesforce Administrator and/or Developer certification is preferred.
- Experience architecting reports and dashboards to improve executive decision making.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse teams spanning many levels of personnel.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills utilizing both quantitative and qualitative sources to Executive stakeholders.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 900,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.