Associate Scientific Director
Your Success Starts Here…
PRI Healthcare Solutions (PRI) is a company whose philosophy is quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, technology, and client services.
We recognize individual talent and skill; we encourage personal and professional development; and we reward success.
If you believe that you have the talent, enthusiasm, and spirit and can match the exacting standards set by our employees, then we’d be delighted to welcome you to the team.
PRI is looking for a talented Associate Scientific Director to join our growing team. We have offices in New York City and Paramus, NJ and offer flexible work from home options but will be remote until our offices reopen.
The Associate Scientific Director is responsible for the production of high-quality medical content which meets the client’s objectives. This includes original content development, faculty and client support and communications in collaboration with senior scientific leads. The Senior Medical Writer is responsible for the quality, scientific and medical accuracy and integrity, and timeliness of assigned projects. To accomplish these tasks, this role will interact in person and remotely with account team members, clients, and healthcare provider experts.
This position reports to the Senior Scientific Director.
print this job
Send to a Friend
- Develop clinical content (eg, monographs, newsletters, slide decks, executive summaries etc) for use across varied delivery platforms (print, live, virtual) in accordance with established budgets, timelines, and strategic objectives
- Repurpose client-supplied materials for use in promotional and educational programs for healthcare professionals
- Assess and ensure clinical accuracy of all content through careful review of source materials, including medical and scientific journals
- Lead scientific discussions with clients and external experts / thought leaders, face to face and on calls
- Contribute to scientific strategy to inform tactical planning of accounts, both internally and with clients
- Prepare content for and participate in client medical/legal/regulatory reviews as needed
- Maintain an up to date understanding of client-specific requirements for MLR (eg, Veeva) submissions
- Develop content for, travel to, and participate in off-site programs (eg, advisory boards) outside of normal working hours on an as needed basis
- Ability to work across multiple projects and accounts simultaneously
- Develop effective, collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, clients, faculty, and vendors
Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in a scientific / medical discipline (PharmD, PhD, MD)
- 1-2 years experience working in a medical communications agency setting as a Medical Writer
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning, interpreting, and communicating medical data in visual and written outputs, adapted for a range of healthcare audiences
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, and demonstrated ability to relate scientific understanding to a client’s strategic needs
- Strong organization and project management capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, and understanding of medical terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt approach according to the needs of clients and teams, and the ability to respond quickly to situations and manage internal /external issues
- Team player able to work independently and collaboratively with scientific team and other departments
- Advanced computer literacy necessary, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as PowerPoint and Word, Google Suite such as Slides, Docs in addition to online medical resource searching (eg Ovid, Medline, PubMed, etc.)
About PRI Healthcare Solutions:
PRI Healthcare Solutions is the medical communications division of Haymarket Media, a global communications company. We build long-term, trusting partnerships with our clients in the pharmaceutical industry to deliver programs that are professionally developed, appropriately targeted, and flawlessly executed. Our goal is to deliver timely, clinically relevant, scientifically rigorous educational messages in a way that promotes well- informed medical decision making.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.