60 – The number of new medicines Novartis will seek approval for over the next 2-3 years. As an Expert Scientific Writer at Novartis you will work with internal teams to communicate the results of clinical trials, real life clinical experience and clinical opinion to the medical and scientific community.
You will manage and complete assigned Medical Communications deliverables at high quality standards and in accordance with agreed timelines. Projects include manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide sets, satellite symposia content, congress or advisory board reports, publication planning and medical education materials for internal medical and/or clinical teams.
Your responsibilities: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate a command of assigned therapeutic areas and expertise with assigned products. Research and write original content for publications activities (primary and review manuscripts, abstracts, posters), slide presentations and other materials based on direction and materials sup-plied by customers.
• Prepare meeting materials for satellite symposia (agenda, slide content, speaker briefings etc), and reports from advisory boards and other internal or external meetings. Develop content that is scientifically accurate, evidence-based, grammatically accurate, referenced using appropriate sources, and consistent with quality standards for author review, customer review as appropriate, and scientific peer review. As needed, perform quality control (QC) checking / proof reading of the above mentioned documents to meet customer expectations.
• Clearly communicate medical scientific concepts in a condensed, audience-appropriate way. Follow all internal processes and procedures with regard to workflow, development of deliverables, and adherence to industry best practices, including GPP3. Demonstrate the flexibility/adaptability necessary to function on different therapeutic teams as needed and to work on projects across multiple brands at any given time.
• Interpret and apply clinical data in medical communication deliverables. Work in conjunction with service team and line manager to develop and adhere to logical and attainable timelines for project completion. Provide input and aid in troubleshooting/problem-solving. Collate and incorporate author/customers comments.
• Lead and/or participate in author/client teleconferences. Provide accurate citations in text (utilizing Reference Manager system), a bibliography, and appropriately annotated references for medical review. Participate in strategic and tactical publications planning and related research. Work as part of a team; train new colleagues as and when required.
• Supports people and performance management. Maintains records for all assigned projects including archiving. Maintains audit, SOP and training compliance. Performs additional tasks as assigned.