Mixed Modalities Scientist/PostDoc (ETP)
Back to Previous Page
Job ID 315614BR Position Title Mixed Modalities Scientist/PostDoc (ETP) Apply to Job
Mixed Modalities Scientist in Chemical and Analytical Development (Early Talent Program)
24! That's the number of months that you will be spending in Chemical and Analytical Development (CHAD) enrolled in our dynamic Early Talent Program (ETP). We are looking for a highly motivated recent PhD to support and expand the development of mixed modalities across the organization.
This program is designed to offer young talents unique insights into various areas of drug development. This year we provide the opportunity to work at the interface of biology and chemistry. Rotations within CHAD Basel from synthetic labs supporting route and process development of mixed modalities to the manufacturing pilot plant, including close interaction with our biological development unit, will provide a comprehensive overview on how a research idea is developing to a market-ready drug. During these rotations, you will be exposed to current standards in safety, quality, training systems and good manufacturing practice (GMP). You will not only be able to transfer your theoretical know-how into practice, but also to develop your soft skills and grow your internal network for your future career in the Pharmaceutical industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated recent PhD to support and expand the development of mixed modalities across the organization Your responsibilities will vary throughout the program stages and include:
• Investigate the feasibility of applying a variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential innovations, processes or products
• Develop and optimize chemical processes for Novartis portfolio projects based on new therapeutic modalities. These will include, among others, mixed modalities combining small molecules with proteins, peptides, polymers, fatty acids or other macromolecular components
• Plan and execute lab experiments
• Support scale-up activities, manage and supervise internal and external pilot plant campaigns, write regulatory relevant documents (and interactwith Quality Assurance (QA)
• Support standard synthetic and analytical development activities on portfolio relevant projects
• Communicate the results including thorough interpretation efficiently
• Be part of a mixed modality team
Duration of employment and start date
24 months from July 2021
Here you find more information:
What you'll bring to the role:
• Preferentially, a completed PhD at the interface of organic chemistry and biology or any other relevant subjects in the field of new therapeutic modalities
• Good organic and synthetic chemistry skills. Purification and characterization of biomolecules is acknowledged
• Exposure to biological techniques in the field of microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry or related disciplines
• Experience in bioconjugation chemistry of peptides and macromolecules (oligonucleotides, proteins, etc.)
• Understanding of engineering and upscaling aspects is a plus
• An excellent track record of original research
• Ready to work in international and multidisciplinary teams
• Open minded personality and "can do" attitude
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
• Fluency in English, additional German proficiency is a plus
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine. Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll Job Type Full Time Employment Type Internship Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account