For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Scientist Process Development, DPS.
- Assist establishment of Drug Product process development infrastructure and services for parenteral drug products for clinical and commercial use
- Install, qualify, and maintain equipment for process development, non-GMP manufacturing and related analytics in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
- Plan and perform process development and characterization studies for liquid and lyophilized parenteral drug products of biologics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, novel formats, ADCs, peptides), peptides and small molecules
- Document data following applicable lab procedures and current documentation practices
- Execute analytical tests to support formulation and process development (e.g. HPLC and CE purity methods, content by UV, identity, color, clarity and opalescence, pH, osmolality, visible particles, subvisible particles)
- Evaluate and implement new methods and technologies
- Manufacture non-GMP drug product samples for supportive stability studies and preclinical use (e.g. GLP tox studies) applying aseptic working techniques
- Support manufacture of clinical drug supplies at GMP sites
- Science or engineering degree (BSc, MSc) in a relevant discipline, e.g. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, or a training on the job as lab technician, or equivalent
- Work experience as a research/technical assistant in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry, preferably in pharmaceutical development or manufacturing environment
- Working experience in relevant pharmaceutical development and manufacturing technologies. Experience with parenteral dosage forms, protein formulation and analytics and aseptic working techniques is a plus
- Very good knowledge of reporting, interpretation and documentation of scientific results
- Good communication skills
- Excellent communication skills with excellent command of English, written and spoken
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.