Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) STCA was founded in year 2005 and is now starting the second “Five-Year Plan”. The team has not only built up its strengths and expanded its scope, but also set a shared goal, broadened its vision, and equipped with richer resources that gives the team the confidence to scale new heights. STCA is now focusing on the following areas: the continuous exploration of Bing search technology; the technical innovation of online advertisement services; the development of the Information platform; and the development of mobile search applications. Today, STCA has hundreds of excellent employees and is the largest R&D team of the Microsoft AI & Research Group outside the United States. Bing Client team builds innovative clients (mobile, windows desktop, tablets, including android and iOS devices, etc) to bring value to global users, powered by Bing’s machine learning, big data, and strong intelligent platform and infrastructure. We need strong talent to build great client software to win in US market and reach impact in global markets.
While the battle for web-based search and internet experiences is still going on, we think the next frontier is in the client applications across devices - smart phone, tablets, surface, pads, Windows desktop, and other devices which are carried by people around the world. As a software development engineer, you are part of our strong team to build the next generation of client apps powered by Bing & Microsoft technologies, and open source software in a start-up environment. This is a great opportunity to own an end-to-end product that has high impact to Microsoft in China and 75 other global markets. This is opportunity to work on highly visible applications which will be the differentiators of Bing, and be responsible for designing and building mobile & PC applications and web experiences to help Bing to increase user base, attach rate, and grow market share in both mobile, tablets, and desktop.You will work very closely with PM, UX, and Test teams to design, develop, and deliver high quality features on iOS/Android/Web platforms.
• Makes appropriate design and architecture trade-offs for a feature • Writes high quality codes and ensure online service availability
• Has code reviews with other developers to surface design and implementation issues
• Identifies risks and dependencies in the schedule for a feature
• Writes unit test and fully leverages the automatable system for a feature
• Accounts for the performance, operation and serviceability of the feature
• Understands user intent and drive fundamental improvement of our mobile products
• Ensures customer and partner quality resolutions, solves customer/partner problems in a timely manner
• Innovates the next generation mobile and cloud experience.
• Fluent in Java/Kotlin on Android, or Swift on iOS
• Experienced in designing, developing and shipping high quality mobile products and services
• Experienced in Android platform, deeply understand the platform, SDK and related tools
• Good communication and cross-team collaboration skills. English writing and speaking is required.
• With great technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
• Minimum 3 years software development experiences. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required. Master or Ph.D. is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.