Job Reference: 656898
Digital & Technology Solutions (DTS)
- Competitive salary plus 17% Superannuation
- Permanent, Full-time
- Positive, innovative and supportive team culture
Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university, with a global presence, it aims to transform lives and communities through education and research. The Digital and Technology Services (DTS) team at Curtin provide the enterprise digital platforms that support Curtin’s students and staff.
The DTS team is full steam ahead on building modern technology platforms, working with stakeholders to define the digital future for Curtin University. There is an enormous amount of work to be done - it is bleeding edge and we promise you won’t be bored! If you enjoy technology, transformation, continual innovation and change, then the Digital & Technology Solutions team at Curtin is for you!
About the role
The Cyber Security Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring Curtin’s IT solutions, supporting processes and people are cyber resilient and assured. You will interact closely with University business owners and stakeholders, DTS and other Curtin IT teams, secure research areas, partners and external vendors and government agencies. You will also support the delivery of secure research for Curtin’s Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) accreditation and certification of Curtin’s Information Security Management System (ISMS).
In this role you will:
Why choose Curtin?
- Develop, expand, operate and continually improve Curtin’s certifies ISMS and Curtin’s imminent DISP accredited environment.
- Review and assess the operation and the effectiveness of Curtin’s ISMS, secure research and other security assurance programs on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate and support as required, Curtin’s ISMS, secure research and supporting cyber security assurance documentation and supporting material including regular updates and approvals.
- Plan and coordinate annual cyber security assurance programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of DTS’s cyber security risk profile.
- Provide consultative, risk-appropriate and authoritative advice & training to University staff and students on issues relating to information security as relevant to this role.
- Identify and document relevant compliance obligations to inform and maintain currency of DTS’ business requirements for information security.
- Plan, coordinate and support as required, cyber security audits and reviews and report on outstanding audit and compliance issues.
- Build strong and effective relationships with University stakeholders and external partners.
- You will have the opportunity to work for an organisation that values digital innovation to deliver learning, teaching and research excellence, positively impacting the lives of current and future generations.
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- A vibrant campus with gym, childcare, wellness programs, medical counselling services, coffee shops and food trucks.
- Parental leave entitlements above National Employment Standards.
For further information on Curtin and all our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Certifications related to at least one of: ISMS implementation, IT risk management, IT audit and security management (e.g. ISO27001: Lead Implementer, CISA, CISM, CRISC) or equivalent.
- Proven experience with implementing and/or maintaining secure cyber security environments.
- Experience with contemporary IT risk management and auditing principles, methodologies, and processes.
- Strong understanding of information security issues and standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate professionally with multiple stakeholders and business units.
- Demonstrated high-order communication skills including report writing, negotiation, and presentation.
- Proven conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to develop outcome-based plans and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing and/or maintaining an ISMS environment. (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience with implementing and/or maintaining a DISP accredited environment. (desirable)
- Membership of information security related professional associations. (desirable)
Applicants must be an Australia permanent resident to apply for this position. It is desirable that applicants are Australian Citizens with the capability to obtain an Australian Government baseline security clearance.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Andrea Robson – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Phone: +61 8 9266 3290
Please apply online, we cannot accept resumes sent to the above contact.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and seek to build an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and encouraged. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Click here to see all vacancies including internal
- Postal address GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845
Curtin University would like to pay our respect to the indigenous members of our community by acknowledging the traditional owners of the land on which the Perth campus is located, the Wadjuk people of the Nyungar Nation; and on our Kalgoorlie campus, the Wongutha people of the North-Eastern Goldfields.