Security Senior Account Manager
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of. Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company –we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
Sales Specialists & Consultants are product, services, software or solution specialists that are responsible for leading pursuit in their assigned focus areas. Currently, we are looking to hire a Senior Account Manager specialised in our Security portfolio to join our team of Account Managers based in Madrid. The successful candidate will be asked to drive proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, uses specialized knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities. This position will be assigned to Spanish territory, and will have around 50 accounts allocated.
- Develops long term sales pipeline to increase the company's market share in specialized area.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in specialty area.
- Provide support to other Account Managers.
- Set direction for business development and solution replication.
- Creates and grows reference customers.
- Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis.
- May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, including the C- level for mid-to-large accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish the company's consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience, ideally in Security area
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12+ years of related sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of the customer's infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer's requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Excellent project oversight skills.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes Salesforce as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Successful partner engagement experience.
Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
- Understand and sells high value software solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage the company's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products.
- Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status