Our client a Public sector body based in South Dublin are looking to recruit a Financial Analyst to join them on a contract basis.
Purpose of the Post
To support the Head of Finance and Heads of departments in improving compliance within the organisation.
To play a key analytical role for the organisation in co-ordinating efforts to assess, establish, monitor and continuously improve the system of internal financial controls within the organisation
Playing a lead role for the organisation in relation to Finance Reform work-streams and key projects including but not limited to, implementation of a new integrated finance and procurement system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Taking responsibility where required for management of finance staff, financial systems, financial processes and financial data in the Procurement Hubs and proactive management of any shared responsibility in this regard.
- Contributing to the Annual Estimates and Service Planning processes. This should be consistent with the accountability framework and good practice.
- Reviewing and sign-off of relevant financial accounting information including accruals/prepayments, cost transfers, monthly and ad-hoc reports, cost containment reports, forecasts, cash reports, annual financial statement information etc.
- Promote and ensure full compliance with all Finance Policies, and best accounting practice at all times.
- Improvement of the non-statutory sector compliance requirements
- Supporting and participating in the on-going review and improvement of the system of Internal Financial Controls within the organisation, including but not limited to:
- organisations Financial Controls Assurance Group
- Standards of financial propriety and regularity within the organisation
- Compliance with Procurement rules
- Financial/governance/compliance aspects of managing the relationship with funded service providers including review of Annual Financial Statements
- Maximising income generation, billing and collection
- Cash handling
- Engagement with Internal Audit and implementation of IA recommendations
- Engagement with Auditors and implementation of management letter recommendations
- Tax compliance
- Management of stocks, debtors and cash
- Maintenance of financial risk register
7. Playing a lead role for the organisation in relation to Finance Reform work-streams and key projects including but not limited to:
- Implementation of the new finance operating model including the development and implementation of a new integrated finance and procurement system
- Finance Business Intelligence project including development of standardised reports
- Development of balance sheet and working capital reporting for the organisation over time
- Introduction of costing systems within the organisation
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient organisation
- To act as spokesperson for the Organisation as required
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Suitable candidates must have the folllowing experience:
- Membership of a recognised or prescribed accountancy body such as ACCA, CPA, ACMA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent.
- Relevant senior post-qualification experience in a large complex organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate user experience of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system software in a large computerised organisation to include running reports and extraction of data.
- Experience of financial accounting, financial planning, financial control and audit, as relevant to this role
- Significant experience of working with advanced Excel including financial spread-sheets and databases;
- High-level user experience of ERP financial system software, including running reports and extraction of data
- Analytical skills, including the ability to gather information, analyse, problem-solve and make decisions and/or recommend decisions to senior managers;
- Report writing skills, including evidence of proficiency in communicating analytical outcomes to managers through written reports
- Record of responding positively to and leading where relevant, change management in a complex environment.
If you are interested in the above or any other Accounting / Finance roles please contact Yvonne Rafter Ph: 6797990 or e-mail: email@example.com