CTC Undisclosed Job Location Spain Experience 5 - 8 yrs
Share this on
Senior Analog Design Engineer (Power Management)
Company Description Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Analog Power and Interface Division (APID) provides solutions for power conversion and system interfacing that complement Microchips wide variety of products, such as MCUs, MPUs, and FPGAs. The power conversion portfolio includes a wide range of products including linear regulators, MOSFET and motor drivers, switch-mode controllers, switching regulators, and LED drivers. For higher power density solutions, APID also offers integrated power modules, which combine a regulator, inductor, and input/output caps into a single package. In addition to power conversion, APID produces protection and distribution devices, such as supervisors, load switches, hot-swap controllers, and efuses.
For system interfaces, APID has a growing portfolio of CAN/LIN transceivers, controllers, system basis chips, and system-in-package solutions. Embedded systems interface devices include I/O expanders, IrDA, and USB bridges. APID even has a line of high-voltage parts that drive MEMS devices, haptics interfaces, ultrasound solutions, and telephony systems, such as line circuits and line drivers.
1) Full chip design and layout supervision of complex power management ICs for the automotive, consumer, and industrial markets.
2) Innovate new power management circuits and topologies for various consumer and industrial applications.
3) Work closely with application engineers to develop IC specifications.
4) Characterize and evaluate chips at both wafer level and package level.
5) Debug and perform FA to find causes of any chip malfunction and failure.
6) Develop test plans for ATE alongside test engineering group.
7) Oversee the development of IC from its initial stages until production release.
1) 5 years minimum IC design experience.
2) Strong working knowledge and solid mathematical foundation in DC/DC converters and AC/DC converters including Buck converters, Boost converters, Buck-Boost, Tapped Buck/Boost, Forward, Flyback, SEPIC, etc.
3) Must have good working knowledge of high-efficiency magnetics, filters, and passive components (transformers, inductors, etc.)
4) Excellent mathematical understanding of feedback and control loops.
5) Bi-CMOS design experience and layout experience. Experience with bipolars is a plus.
6) Must have good communication skills and be able to work closely with applications and test engineers in the development of ATE test systems and IC performance verification.
7) Job requires extensive experience with design tools, spice simulators, mixed-signal simulators, layout tools, parasitic extraction tools, and logic simulators.
8) Experience with Verilog and VHDL a plus.
9) Must have strong working knowledge of device physics.
10) Good understanding and working knowledge of device models
11) Must be hands on with regards to IC characterization in the lab and be familiar with scopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and other standard lab equipment.
12)Good team player and open communicator. Creating new ideas within the scope of the companys goals.