For over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beach
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
This IT Operations Center Senior Analyst is responsible for the availability, performance, and configuration of the monitoring systems used by Verifone to support multiple cloud and on-premise IT services. This role supports the Global command center in maintaining 24/7 visibility of the performance and availability all Verifone services.
The successful candidate must understand how different methods of service and system monitoring can be configured to provide a holistic view of IT services, how Verifone systems integrate and be able to pinpoint where monitoring systems require improvement. The IT Operations Center Senior Monitoring Analyst must also be able to manage the configuration multiple monitoring tools and have a broad understanding of IT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, modify and test monitoring tools configurations, dashboards and reports
- Set and maintain standards for monitoring configurations
- Gather, verify, and educate others on technical requirements
- Manage the infrastructure and applications running monitoring services
- Work from specifications drawn up by System, Application, or Network Engineers
- Conduct monitoring tasks including dashboard design, alert coding, debugging and documentation
- Debug monitor/alerts as needed
- Develop solutions that improve root cause analysis effectiveness and correlation of events
- Drive overall monitoring performance
- Provide guidance and training to enable other team members to meet/exceed expectations
- Effectively communicate project status to ITOC Manager
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide input into the architectural design of monitoring systems
- Participate in user/external group discussions
- Contribute to improving processes and tools that relate to the team’s execution and overall productivity
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on the configuration and functionality of monitoring tools
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to apply monitoring standards.
- Stay informed of production changes that could affect functionality and alerting
- Coordinate across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to all issues
- Accurately troubleshoot, reproduce and document issues and other pertinent information in Incident or Problem tickets
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in an IT environment
- Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding and experience in the configuration of monitoring tools for the following: Log capture and analytics, application health, application performance, system availability, latency, infrastructure performance, cluster monitoring, Network monitoring, synthetic monitoring and end-to-end monitoring
- Strong working experience in AppDynamics; exposure on other tools like NetScout, SolarWinds, Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Kibana, Cloud Watch and Grafana are preferred
- Experienced in the administration and configuration of Zabbix (required)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Containers, AWS, HTTP, web services, networking, Java-based applications and eCommerce platforms
- Previous experience monitoring and troubleshooting critical systems
- Running daily maintenance checks, running DB queries, upgrading agents to the current versions
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and quality of work; able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Process-oriented; understands the organizational benefits of processes and the need for compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with technical, business, and management staff
- Willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
- Experience with IT service management tool ServiceNow
Verfione is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.