Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Today, BlackBerry® is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
We have made great strides in executing our business strategy. and focused on growth. With consecutive years of positive operating income and an enterprise cybersecurity software and services business delivering $219m & over 10% year on year growth. Building on the culture of quota achievement and success, you couldn’t consider joining us at a more exciting time.
BlackBerry's Cyber Forensics team is primarily responsible for conducting digital investigations into a variety of case types from internal allegations to determining the cause of security incidents. Each analyst must demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of all aspects concerning cyber security: including awareness of current threats, attack vectors and their associated tools, techniques, and procedures. More importantly, a Cyber Forensic Senior Analyst will be of sound investigative mind and analyze extrapolated data from their cases in order to produce the necessary solutions. The Senior Analyst, Cyberforensics is responsible for identifying the facts of their investigations and conveying those findings to senior management with intention to improving BlackBerry's security posture where possible.
* Performing forensic investigations as required
* Continuously developing and maintaining comprehensive computer forensics programs to safeguard BlackBerry assets
* Responding to IT security incidents, mitigating impact, coordinating remediation efforts as well as making recommendations to senior management
* Providing expertise to enable proactive detection of potential security threats and recommending enhancements to overall security posture
* Categorizing and communicating risk profiles to senior management
* Documentation of findings and creation of detailed reports for internal stakeholders
* Supporting forensic investigations, including participation in chain of custody for evidence potentially leading to disciplinary actions, civil or criminal prosecution
* The successful candidate will be expected to cultivate external relationships to enhance internal awareness of industry trends and best practices.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or Information Technology preferred
* Preferred minimum 5 years of experience with IT security technologies
* Solid understanding of forensic methodologies, including in-depth knowledge of computer incident handling and response processes
* Knowledge of forensic processes and tools as well as malware analysis tools & techniques
* Intermediate to advance technical knowledge of forensic examination principles, computer operating systems, file structures, file artifacts, network architecture and computer hardware components required
* Experience using commercial and open source tools in conducting in-depth digital computer forensic examinations of digital media and data storage systems
* Intimate knowledge of the following: logging controls & log analysis, IP network architecture, routing and protocols, data management, Web application security, memory analysis, firewalls, IDS/IPS/HIPS, anti-virus, cryptography and PKI
* Current with latest attack techniques and countermeasures; malware and threat actor profiles
* Able to work independently on multiple projects concurrently
* Technical or professional certifications preferred: GSEC, CISSP, CCE
* Functional certifications preferred: GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GREM, EnCe
Job Family Group Name: Information Technology
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please continue with your application