Job Title: Senior Analyst
Department: Private Markets Fund Accounting
Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
What we do:
Private Markets Fund Accounting provides fund accounting services to private equity and real estate funds.
The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible for cash and asset reconciliations related to more intricate accounts or transactions with assigned funds. Performs reconciliation of account expenses for more complex transactions and ensures that they are allocated appropriately. Escalates atypical transactions to senior team members.
- Engages with clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting. Responsible to ensure NAV processes are complete and accurate disclosures made in the financial statements.
- Drafts financial reports for clients regarding the fund performance.
- Engage with auditors and clients to ensure that the annual audit process is completed efficiently and effectively.