Job TitleSenior ArchitectJob Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to define product propositions and deep dive into it's technical challenges
You are responsible for
- Setting up and managing system and module requirements; identifying gaps in requirements framework,
- Taking a role of technical system integrator in projects; bringing together technical disciplines leading to well settled requirements and verification framework,
- Contributing to define electro mechanical architecture, module interfacing driving module re-use, optimizing for innovation efforts and cost price,
- To ensure platform creation and maintenance throughout innovation program,
- To monitor technologies and trends as necessary input for product and technology roadmap that you create,
- To advise management on make-or-buy decisions, internal vs external development as well as choices of technology options,
- To maintain communication with central marketing teams and stakeholder’s,
- To manage and maintain internal as well as external network of suppliers.
You are a part of
You are going to work in a dynamic Floorcare Innovation team consisting of functional departments responsible for marketing, design, product research, function development, architecture, mechanical and electronic development.
You will be one of 3 System Architects working both on pre-development and realization projects sharing responsibilities between 3 sub-categories of HomecareFloorcare product ranges.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mechatronics;
- 5 - 10 years experience in innovation team in technical roles, preferably a system architecture experience, overseeing complex systems/architectures and being able to deep-dive when needed;
- Experience in consumer products or automotive industry, ideally with Li-Ion battery packs and multiphysics systems modelling and simulation;
- Experience in translating (ambiguous) customer needs into technical requirements and then clearly defining the complete architecture with a strong customer focus;
- Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing complex products to the market, operating in in a cross-functional teams, to understand multi-discipline technical issues;
- Conceptual skills, logic driven and structural way of working, preferably being familiar with lean tools, pragmatic and ‘can do’ positive approach to a dynamic environment;
- Excellent communication skills – both in spoken and written English being able to influence both technical and commercial audience;
- Goal orientation with focus on project (ability to work under time pressure with sharp cost and quality targets) yet displaying flexibility to the overall and/or shifting business objectives;
- Ability to work with suppliers which may include occasional business travel.
In return, we offer you
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Exciting, international environment at our innovation site in Drachten.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Your application will be forwarded to email@example.com
Please review all application instructions before applying.