The role of Associate / Senior Associate – Fund Governance has unique requirements and duties; however, these responsibilities are to be executed within the organization’s framework of core values. DMS expects all employees to be high performing, self-motivated, learners and leaders.
Please note the working hours for this role are 12pm to 8.30pm Monday to Friday.
Summary: Services and maintains relationship with a portfolio of clients. Takes on a portfolio of clients with complex structures or more demanding needs. Provides administrative support to the Directors and Associate Directors and completes database projects for client files across Fund Governance, Cayman Compliance Services and Liquidations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take full responsibility for service, maintenance and development of a complex portfolio of Cayman domiciled hedge funds and companies.
- Take full responsibility in work relating to your portfolio of clients.
- Display understanding of KYC required and work together with AML/onboarding team to begin the review process when relevant new engagement is assigned and see process to conclusion.
- Evaluate risk involved with each situation and prioritize time and risk levels appropriately.
- Demonstrate understanding of the operational risk associated with Governance clients, including a complete understanding of all Policies & Procedures.
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and regulatory changes and assist in projects related to operational risk and compliance. Develop sufficient knowledge to be able to communicate with clients accordingly.
- Share key learning and knowledge lessons at team meetings.
- Engage with Associate Directors, Directors and Business Unit Leaders to further knowledge and to define and grow a career path within DMS.
- Manage the Document Execution Form (“DEF”) workflow for board resolutions, agreements and other transactional documentation prior to director execution. Conduct the first review of transaction request and request necessary information/confirmations or related documentation for the Associate Director/Director to have full supporting material for their review and approval.
- Facilitate regulatory filings for clients
- Chase up appropriately and pro-actively with Associate Directors and Directors to ensure timely turnaround of documentation.
- Monitor the accounts receivable for portfolio of clients, pro-actively follow up and escalate when necessary.
- With respect to your assigned engagements, ensure that client management database contains accurate and complete information, and that information is consistently updated as appropriate.
- Regularly review your engagement portfolio to ensure information is up to date for all users.
- Timely manage inbox and ensure all client emails and documents are saved to client management database promptly.
- Ensure all performance reports are on file for each client and client management database is updated timely.
- Ensure all timelines are met for completion of financial statements projects. Provide updates accordingly.
- Ensure independent management of client correspondence and deliverables such as document review and execution and quality control of provided service, including a 24 hour turn around on all communications and executed documents and timely saving of relevant information to client management database.
- Provide excellent customer service and independently liaise in a professional manner with fund service providers.
- Maintain a professional interaction with internal and external clients in conversation and in emails. Ensure clients are phoned when communications are being prolonged by emails and ensure appropriate phone notes are made.
- Arrange phone calls for the Directors and compile all necessary meeting/calls materials (when required).
- Provide appropriate materials prepared to a high standard as defined by DMS protocols, meeting all policy and procedure expectations and timelines.
- Provide support to the Board Support Team on the provision of board meeting services to a portfolio of clients.
- Pro-actively follow up on any action points from board meetings.
- Foster a positive environment through open communication and willingness to work efficiently and effectively with others.
- Be able/willing to take on additional duties as and when required. Assist colleagues when capacity permits and notify Manager with availability.
- Assist in training of new staff members.
- Assist when other members of the team are out of the office with monitoring inboxes and processing work.
- Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly database and regulatory projects and provide updates accordingly, lead regulatory and risk management projects for the associates’ team.
- When out of office, provide notes to Manager the day before leaving and complete the out of office checklist regarding all outstanding DEFs, upcoming meetings and any other pending matters related to client portfolio or regulatory projects.
- Identify and explore opportunities for cross-selling DMS products.
- Business development activities participation and development of own professional network.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree or internationally recognized professional qualification
- Minimum 3- 5 years of hedge fund client service experience
- A firm knowledge of Cayman Islands Mutual Funds law, as well as a strong grasp of legal concepts.
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills, oral/written communication skills, critical thinking and attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment including reporting and providing support to various members of the team.
- Strong working knowledge of hedge fund documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Strong MS Office Skills;
- Proven IT knowledge is essential, with strong MS Office skills.
- Be highly adaptable and have impeccable oral and written communication skills across all disciplines.