Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Based in Hong Kong, the Senior Associate will play a key role in making and managing credit investments in Asia-Pacific, with a primary focus on real estate credits in Greater China. You will independently run the whole investment process, including origination and evaluating potential real estate debt investments, conducting research, developing investment recommendations, negotiating terms, executing transactions, and monitoring portfolio investments. You will have responsibility for managing relationships with sponsors, lending partners, brokers, investment banks, and other capital providers.
A) Analyze Investment Opportunities:
- Play an important role in the research, analysis and evaluation of a variety of real estate debt investment opportunities including managing the overall evaluation process
- Oversee the development of sophisticated dynamic financial models to analyze investment opportunities (including testing assumptions and sensitivities)
- Play a lead role in due diligence on opportunities including past and projected financial performance, quality of Sponsors, investment merits and risks, expected returns, regulatory environment, property and sector dynamics, and other relevant factors
- Review 3rd party due diligence reports (appraisal, commercial, environmental, engineering, legal, etc.)
- Interact closely with Sponsors and review performance, strategy, outlook, and other relevant factors as required
- Make investment recommendations based on the results of the team’s due diligence findings and analysis
- Oversee the preparation of credit investment recommendations outlining potential investment opportunities
- Present investment recommendations to the relevant internal committees and Board of Directors, as required
B) Execute and Monitor APAC Credit Investments:
- Play a lead role in the negotiation and execution of agreements and other transaction-related documents
- Review and recommend approval of funding and distributions related to APAC Credit investments
- Coordinate with CPPIB Finance, Analytics and Risk groups with respect to monitoring ongoing credit investments
- Monitor ongoing financial and operational performance of portfolio investments
- Oversee and conduct the reviews of quarterly valuations and compliance of covenants etc.
- Play a lead role for building and leveraging relationships with sponsors, lending partners, brokers, investment banks, and other capital providers; help build CPPIB brand and presence in local markets
- Lead restructuring and work out of stressed or impaired credits to contain risks and maximize recovery
C) Build the Team:
- Contribute ideas and strategies for real estate credits portfolio construction and build-out, supported by quality researches and market intelligence
- Actively participate in and contribute to weekly departmental meetings and other internal meetings
- Assist in the training, tutoring and development of department colleagues and participate in recruiting activities