We are looking for a dynamic leader in Architecture & Design for the role of Director Projects to be based in the Delhi studio of our client, India’s leading award-winning Architecture and Urban Design practices with offices in Mumbai, Bangalore and New Delhi, India.
- Abide by and align with the overall vision of the Firm and percolate the same across the studio. Lead by example through exemplary leadership style and thought leadership
- Provide design direction on projects of all scales and diverse typologies. Lead the team to develop cohesive, innovative, sustainable, and client-centric design solutions that are in line with the project goals while pushing the envelope beyond traditional approaches
- Collaborate with all involved design teams to deliver informed project solutions based on market expertise and deep understanding of client vision
- Lead the relationships with the client, contractor, agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants. Drive new business and ensure repeat business through cordial relations with existing clients.
- Responsible for team recruitments, training, mentoring and retention of team. Responsible for overall code of conduct and discipline of the studio. To ensure the job descriptions laid down for the respective team members are met to the best of their capacity and quality. Develop future leaders for the firm.
- Accountability along with department heads to fulfill gaps and bring about improvements and innovations in the respective processes of enablement functions
- Strengthen our market reputation and industry image through deep domain understanding and awareness
- Partner with the leadership team to establish framework and strategies for further growing the practice and line of business.
Requirements to succeed
- Licensed architect with Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture with at least 15+ years of architectural or related experience, inclusive of 10+ years’ experience into leadership role
- Committed to the principles of sustainable design and resilient communities, able to demonstrate this commitment in a portfolio of work
- Leadership experience, including managing client expectations, multi-disciplinary team, and meeting scope/schedule/budget
- Advanced knowledge of the architectural planning and design process, construction documentation, construction administration and code requirements
- Possess strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate ideas in interviews and other presentations
- Skilled at developing and motivating teams of people both internally and externally, along with a desire to mentor team members.