A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As automation engineer you design, program and simulate instrumentation and control strategies in chemical manufacturing plants with special focus on electronic chemicals. You use your expert knowledge in Process Analytical Technologies and your process engineering background for designing process control architectures in collaboration with process engineers and IT specialists. Your job starts in early process development phases and ends with the commissioning of your technology on site. In this frame, you develop work packages and manage external controls engineering contractors.
You are able to grasp complex interrelations and to translate quality and system dynamics requirements into innovative and robust technical solutions. You are keen to manage medium-sized interdisciplinary, global teams of specialists. Doing so, you find the right balance of doing and delegating design, coding and management tasks. You are used to acting flexibly and you can cope with changing conditions.
You are curious and motivated to be part of worldwide, cross functional teams in development, project management and operational functions. The readiness for domestic and international business trips will be required. This position will be located in Darmstadt.
Who you are:
• Master in automation or electrical engineering or related fields
• +3 years of professional experience in the project- and vendor management
• Acumen in process engineering
• Expert knowledge in modern, Process Analytical Technologies and experience in applications in process industries
• Knowledge in OT and DCS infrastructure design and software engineering
• Experience in plant automation programming using relevant tools, methods and technologies, experience with SIEMENS PCS7 DCS, PLC and HMI tools
• Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
• Experience in plant operations and industrial environments
• Knowledge in application of safety analyses for the design of plants and special equipment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com