Role: Symfony Developer (m/f/d)
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Our client is looking for You
At this company, their outstanding IT department is the core of our company and is primarily responsible for the ongoing development of our platform. In order to further advance the digitization of an entire industry, we are looking for continuous growth in our IT team here in Frankfurt as soon as possible!
Variety in work, a fantastic team creating a fun and motivating environment, flat hierarchies, a steep learning curve, a lot of responsibility, as well as the opportunity to shape the digital future - once you are here, you won’t want to leave!
No two days are the same at this company, your responsibilities will include:
· Design and development of the business logic and back-end services for full-scale applications
· Conception and development of algorithms based on PHP and MySQL for our online comparison calculators and internal tools
· Further development of the software architecture, improvement of performance and caching
· Support, maintenance and optimization of our development and production system environments including the continuous delivery pipeline
· Taking complete responsibility and managing the development of the product
· Very high product responsibility and the possibility to significantly shape the IT agenda
· Experience of managing small teams, up to 4 programmers, mentoring and guiding less experienced colleagues
· Close cooperation with our CTO, Head of Engineering, as well as other Team leads
Skills you have:
· Degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a comparable subject, best case specialized on Server architecture and security and at least 6-8 years of professional experience in PHP / Symfony (essential)
· You love programming and you’re familiar with MVC/SOA/API/micro services
· Very good knowledge in PHP, MySQL, Symfony, AWS (MariaDB, Postgres DB, NoSQL, other frameworks / backend technology are optional)
· Knowledge in HTML, CSS, jQuery
· Experience in Docker, Jenkins, SCSS, Redis, Rabbit MQ or similar
· Nice to have DevOps knowledge (server setup, processes on server etc.)
· Curious and enjoys self-researching new technologies
· You would like to work in a successful team and would like to develop yourself personally and professionally
Nice to have Skills:
Good knowledge of Golang, AWS, AJAX, and ECMA 5/6
German language knowledge is preferred but not essential, English is the normal business language.
· Ideally you are the type of person that holds yourself accountable to meet commitments. For example, measures and tracks team's and own performance, and helps the team learn from success, failure, and feedback. Adheres to, and enforces, goals, policies, and procedures
· You are an excellent planner and you have demonstrated ability in prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
· You like to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
· You enjoy building partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· You strive to know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
What they offer:
· Modern company culture: flat hierarchies, quick data-based decisions and the requirement to co-design the company’s strategic way forward are our day-to-day life.
· Open, fun and motivating environment.
· Steep learning curve: Here, you shape, not slave.
· For most challenges, you will be the first one solving them within the firm.
· Our highest priority is your personal development. Thus, you will learn daily, simultaneously receiving as much support as you need to reflect on your outputs with the directors
· Distinction: We strive for making a sustainable difference in the sector – this is your opportunity to mark your footprint
· Attractive compensation:
· An attractive base salary
· Free healthy drink & snack supply,
· Flexible working hours 40 with core hours from 9:30am-4pm
· Events: company/team events, parties, sport events a
· Free sport activities (currently CrossFit classes),
· German language courses,
· A top-class and motivated team
· Relocation assistance provided on a case by case basis from other EU countries