At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Senior Business Analyst
You will be working with regional and local business leaders, as well as with Project Manages and Heads of functions across the company to research and develop the analysis of financial data and other business data, and develop business processes and governance in order to support the projects delivering on business goals and objectives.
The role combines data and business modelling, process modelling and preparation and submission of subsequent solutions, together with a good business mindset and communication skills to explain tasks and to present results
– Leads abstract research and financial data analysis, sense-checking results and synthesizing insights independently.
– Develops (Excel-based) tools of medium to high complexity to support business processes, by translating insights into practical solutions.
– Creates and maintains documentation, and supports control and quality for key stakeholders and suppliers.
– Prepares business cases, recommending solutions and defining priorities. Works closely with regional and local functional experts in order to understand business requirements and translate them into business cases.
– Develops positive relationships with stakeholders and provides ongoing support to the business in identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Suggests continuous improvement solutions through process reviews and/ or data analysis.
– Works with heads of functions to develop appropriate policies to ensure governance of the new process and solutions.
1. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of studies (preferably in Finance, Business Management, Engineering)
2. Extensive experience in business performance/ business analysis, preferably in a multinational, complex environment. Strong level of competency in standard MS Office tool set (Excel, Powerpoint etc.) and strong understanding of finance domain.
3. Familiar with business processes and governance. Able to proactively generate meaningful, business-oriented hypotheses in support of own work.
4. Strong continuous improvement mind-set.
5. Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships and to communicate (verbally and in written) in a clear and effective way with senior stakeholders. Able to create engagement in meetings, positively impacting the discussion and the outcome.
6. High degree of flexibility and adaptability.
7. Ability to work independently and with team members, exercise critical, creative and self-sufficient thinking. Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
8. Fluent English and German skills.
Job location - flexible, with a preference for any of the following sites: Germany (Hennigsdorf, Bautzen or Mannheim), Switzerland (Zurich) or Austria.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.