About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you’ll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always Simple.
The Role Responsibilities
The Data and Privacy Transformation Programme, within Group COO – Trust, Data & Resilience, aims to uplift data and privacy in existing processes and controls and to improve customer experience. This role will involve working with the various Business and Functions teams, with 2nd line Compliance colleagues and technology to design, implement & operationalise capabilities for robust, streamlined and customer centric Data & Privacy management.
The successful candidate should perform business analysis using the right tools and techniques and support the Project Managers on documentation, testing coordination, developer intermediation, etc. Candidate must have a good understanding of Data Management and Privacy principles. Preferred candidates will also have experience of Data and Privacy initiatives and skills in data visualisation.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Undertake requirements solicitation from stakeholders/end users and turn them into well-formed formal Business Requirements Documents (BRD) or User Stories.
- Perform AS-IS/TO-BE process mapping
- Support the team to review and document the strategic requirements, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders and collaboration partners to deliver the required deliverables.
- Undertake factual analysis as required in order to validate/challenge and refine requirements.
- Partner with other delivery teams to ensure solution definition meets requirements and is delivered with accuracy and quality.
- Enable clear traceability of the requirements (starting with the BRD / user stories) and usage of process flow diagrams, “AS IS” and “TO BE” processes clearly documented
- Develop clear test scenarios / exit criteria and engage testing team well ahead to drive the quality of testing.
- Be involved in the change management governance process to ensure that there is a smooth transition from Project to BAU
Our Ideal Candidate
- Extensive Business Analyst experience or in a similar role, preferably in the Data & Privacy domain
- Highly motivated individual with a strong track record of achievement, leadership and high-performance drive, especially with similar previous roles in Banking
- A team player and enjoy interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
- Able to creatively apply analytical solutions to business problems and can think out of the box in adapting to changes.
- Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
- Documentation – BRD/ User stories /FSD /Business Glossary/Data Model/Test Strategy/Project Plan, Process Flow diagram etc.
- Experience with Informatica
- Report Types – Requirement Matrix/Gap Analysis/Problem Analysis/Business Case, etc.
- Process/Data Modelling - 'As Is'/'To Be'/ Visio/Enterprise Architect, Etc.
- Project Management Methodologies - Waterfall SDLC, Agile, Scrum etc.
- Tools: Jira, Confluence
- Strong data analysis skills using SQL, MicroStrategy or Tableau preferable.
- Proven problem-solving & process mapping & visualisation skills
- Proven Experience in Data Management, Data Protection & Privacy related projects preferred.
- Stakeholder Management / Analysis
- Presentation Skills – Data Story telling using visualisations would be advantageous.
- Soft Skills - Communication/Negotiation/Relationship Building/Influencing/Coaching or mentoring junior BAs to build their skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.