About TE Connectivity
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
Creganna Medical is ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry. The company specializes in the design and manufacture of minimally invasive delivery and access devices for a range of therapies. Serving over 400 companies across 30 countries, Creganna Medical’s customers include the world’s leading medical device and life science companies. Headquartered in Galway, Ireland, Creganna Medical has a global operational footprint with design and manufacturing facilities spanning the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia. http://www.creganna.com/
Job Title: Senior Chemical Engineer
The main focus of this role is to become the chemical engineering primary for all chemical cleaning, passivation and electropolishing activities in the production areas. With immediate effect, the primary project will be working within a team to specify and design a bespoke automated cleaning & passivation cell for new products. Reporting to the Engineering Manager within the New Products Introduction group, the Senior Chemical Engineer is responsible for identifying new cleaning processes, while characterizing and improving existing chemical cleaning processes also providing a professional level of technical support, innovation, direction and leadership.
Working hours will be split between office base and hands-on role. There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel. The successful candidate may be needed to support operational demands in exceptional situations.
- To specify pickle cleaning, passivation and electropolishing chemical treatments and in particular develop the cleaning processes for stainless steel medical device components.
- Work in compliance to Creganna Medical, part of TE Connectivity systems and processes.
- Accountable presence supporting the strategic technology map.
- Lead the procurement of a new bespoke cleaning & passivation cell for exciting new projects.
- Develop the cleaning and passivation processes to world-class yield levels.
- Assess the suitability of the existing cleaning & passivation cell and the new cleaning & passivation cell for use with new projects and products.
- Take control of existing processes and using Lean tools, reduce waste and improve on the existing OEE.
- Establish a position as onsite Subject Matter Expert (SME) and ensure process improvements are designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within Creganna Medical, part of TE Connectivity.
- Lead initiative to reduce traditional methods and move towards green technology.
- Provide best in class problem-solving tools.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver on the site strategic targets and objectives.
- Support in the creation of the manufacturing strategy for new products.
- Designing and optimising the manufacturing and testing processes.
- Selection of components and materials with the design team.
- Ensuring product and manufacturing cost targets are achieved.
- Participate in the Design and Process FMEA's.
- Oversee the pre-launch and scale up to batch production.
- Assess the safety of all chemical raw materials, equipment and processes on-site.
- Work with Operations to advise on chemical formulation and filling.
What your background should look like:
- Level 8 Engineering, Chemistry, Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience at this level within the Medical Device or related industry.
- Excellent “hands-on” technical / chemical abilities.
- Self-motivated individual with a keen initiative towards tackling problems and challenges.
- Proven ability to influence people from other functions.
- Good organization, supervisory and investigation skills are required
- Good coaching/mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead in a previous role.
- Experience in people management and development.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups