Define strategies and make companies future proof. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
Combining your experience and expertise in M&A with our Monitor Deloitte methodologies and knowledge, you will work in teams covering all phases of the M&A project, from acquisition screening to integration. As a M&A Consultant you like the challenge of supporting clients with transformations triggered by M&A, applying fact-based analyses to develop a strategic vision that translates into concrete tactics and goals.
This is how
- creating and/or managing development of presentation materials and analyses required to drive project delivery;
- facilitating workshops/meetings and communicating insights and recommendations to the client;
- taking ownership of deliverables/workstream(s) within a project, including developing team members, managing timelines and reporting to assignment managers to support overall project success;
- thinking outside the box to identify new opportunities for clients;
- collaborating with clients and colleagues from diverse functions and/or Deloitte teams (e.g. Monitor Deloitte sub-teams, Analytics, Deloitte Digital) to drive end-to-end strategic transformations;
- attending trainings to advance your personal development;
- helping with the further development of our team through participating in, amongst others, social impact projects, specific industry development, learning and recruitment.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Consulting, Audit and Assurance, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with 120 colleagues of our Monitor Deloitte department in Amsterdam. Monitor Deloitte consists of 3 groups, namely Strategy & Business Design, Customer Strategy and M&A Strategy. In this department, leading edge thinking and personal development are key priorities. Joining our Monitor Deloitte community provides you with the opportunity to combine your experience and/or interest in strategy with our Monitor Deloitte methodologies and knowledge. You will work across a wide variety of industries and domains. Of course, Consulting also has a major impact: see an example here .
Director Klaasjan Doeswijk describes our working atmosphere as follows:
We bring unique value to our clients by combining our Monitor Deloitte strategy focus with diverse capabilities available within Deloitte. We are one team both on and off the job. Working here feels like being part of a family. #FutureConfident”.
- in addition to a fixed salary, you earn a share of the profit;
- flexible working hours and the ability to work from home;
- great career opportunities. Every 2 to 3 years you grow, depending on your ambitions and performance, to a new position;
- a development program that allows you to continue to develop
- 26 vacation days per year and the possibility to purchase 15 vacation days per year
- a 32-40-hour working week the possibility to take a month of (unpaid) leave every year
- an excellent mobility scheme: choice of a lease car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe or a cash option, an annual public transport subscription or a travel allowance;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which you can also use privately;
- a good pension scheme;
- the possibility to participate in the collective health insurance scheme;
- the possibility to benefit from tax-attractive matters, such as company fitness and a bicycle plan.
What you offer
When it comes to the social aspects of the job, you are ready for anything. At the same time, you are a leader and have a strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You are committed to your personal goals and developments, to our clients and to our community and its values. For the role as (Senior) Consultant M&A at Monitor Deloitte, you have:
- a relevant Master’s degree with excellent academic and pre-university results;
- at least 3 years of relevant work experience in strategy consulting or corporate strategy role;
- strong analytical and systematic problem solving skills;
- interpersonal excellence, as well as demonstrated leadership;
- a strong intellectual curiosity and appetite for continuous learning;
- interesting extra-curricular activities, such as active participation in a student association, a board, a committee or a sport association;
- specific interest in strategy consulting, as well as commitment to your personal goals and developments, to our clients and to our community and its values;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English (and preferably Dutch). Proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
Let's make impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (in English) and grade lists of high school, bachelor and master. Please note: incomplete profiles will not be processed!
If you are looking for interview practice and further getting to know Monitor Deloitte prior to applying, please join one of our Crack the Case events. You can sign up for this event at our event page.
Any questions? Please contact our Senior Recruiter Annick van Hattem via +31 (0) 88 288 63 89.