Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Brossard; Burlington; Calgary; Edmonton; Farnham; Halifax; Hawkesbury; Kitchener; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Saint John; Saskatoon; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Our national Finance and Controllership Practice is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
As an Assistant Manager or Senior Consultant in the Finance and Controllership Practice, you will:
Our Financial Services Finance & Controllership team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients in Capital Markets and Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Real Estate sectors. Our team supports top financial institution CFOs and their Finance teams to achieve successful outcomes.
We focus on providing our clients with pragmatic and holistic solutions; applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, key operational and risk considerations, technical accounting and industry expertise to help organizations drive forward.
You are someone with:
• Possess a minimum 2-4 years of relevant work experience in the BCM/WM sector supporting the finance function or providing consulting/advisory services
• Ideally in the process of completing, or finished, finance or accounting designation (CPA, CFA, CISA, CIA etc.)
• Strong problem-solving capabilities (ability to “find it” and “fix it”).
• Experience in financial reporting cycle elements such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, accounting close/consolidation, business case development, and internal controls over financial reporting (in particular within a SOX environment)
• Technical accounting skills and experience in and knowledge of IFRS, internal controls or risk (experience in SOX compliance, IFRS 9, treasury management and regulatory filing requirements an asset)
• Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
• Experience thinking about finance requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons)
• Strong experience in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset: Process Redesign, BCM/WM financial services IT architecture, Corporate Strategy,
• Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
• Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work both independently and be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and to deliver projects with teams
• Experience with complex problem-solving, solution development, client management, facilitating executive decision-making, creating client deliverables, managing client expectations, working in teams
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.