Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Our ambition at Deloitte is to build the data protection and privacy practice of tomorrow focused on defining and delivering strategic solutions that keep organizations, government, Canadians and their personal information secure. Do you share that ambition? Read more below for an opportunity to join our team.
As a Senior Consultant in our Data Protection & Privacy practice, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, assisting our clients in designing, implementing and managing business & technology solutions to protect their data assets and reduce the risk of data compromise.
You will advise clients in understanding the future state problems and challenges in cyber security and work collaboratively with them to enhance capabilities, operating as a technical subject matter specialist on emerging trends, approaches and tools in the data protection space.
You will also have unique opportunities to expand your personal brand and professional network, by participating in conferences and several client/industry events.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. Our team brings world-class solutions to Canada’s most influential organizations, enabling our national and global ecosystem through areas of advisory services, strategy development, data protection program development and implementation, as well as many other services that enable our clients to meet their strategic objectives while addressing increasing market demand in protecting data entrusted to them.
You are someone with:
• Thorough understanding of information security fundamentals and current cybersecurity trends and, importantly, an interest in ongoing privacy and data risk .
• Completed post-secondary education, ideally within a relevant field, or at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in implementing data protection solutions
• Understanding of the entire ecosystem of data protection including understanding of the different domains and their inter-relations:
o Data discovery & classification
o Encryption, tokenization, masking and redaction
o Key and certificate management
o Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
o Database activity monitoring
o Privacy laws and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of and experience with current and emerging data protection tools and methodologies (e.g., McAfee DLP, Forcepoint, Microsoft O365 DLP, Varonis, BigID, OneTrust)
• Ability to understand issues as it relates to privacy, data management, IT risks, and implications to the business, with the ability to identify weaknesses and recommend solutions
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.