About SW Accountants & Advisors
SW Accountants & Advisors (SW) is a progressive advisory and
accounting firm with an 85-year history in Australia. For our
people, SW represents a chance to take the lead and create
opportunities for our clients and our people.
In Australia, we operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and
Perth, with over 300 people and 39 Partners nationally. We provide
a full range of audit, business advisory, corporate finance, tax,
private clients and wealth management solutions. Taking the lead,
SW joined the rapidly growing SW International Network, one of the
world’s leading organisations of independently owned and
managed advisory and accounting firms. With access to a global
network and a team of over 10,000 professionals, 450+ Partners, in
57+ offices, across 14 countries and regions, we work together to
open doors to opportunity in Australia, Asia and across the
Our vision and values are clear - we provide excellent client
service and encourage a culture of staff learning and development.
These values are visible in the conduct of all our staff who
demonstrate professionalism and integrity every day.
Working closely with the Partners and Managers of the division,
your primary responsibility is to deliver a high level of service
and present complex taxation advice to clients and staff.
You will be responsible for meeting productivity and client
budgets, providing feedback and guidance to junior staff members
and identifying value added services to clients. As a Senior
Consultant, you will develop relationships with clients and be able
to service and deal with most day-to-day client queries a. You will
take full responsibility and ownership of the completion of
allocated jobs and is effectively responsible for managing your own
workflow under the direction of your manager.
Working with an established team who will provide you with the
ability to grow your career. Some of your key outcomes will be:
- Proactively liaise with clients on a day-to-day basis,
providing a quality and timely service to them. The Senior
Consultant will be expected to always provide a high level of
service to clients.
- Prepare and present accurate and timely complex taxation
returns, workpapers and client correspondence.
- Undertake tax planning for clients and identify and resolve
- Update and review electronic and paper taxation
publications to the standard required by the Firm.
- Engage in research and draft taxation advice with limited
- Be involved in reviewing the taxation implications of
prospectuses and to undertake due diligence and other special
- Delegate, oversee, and review compliance work of junior
staff and to ensure that firm standards and processes are
maintained. This will include providing feedback coaching and
technical support to junior staff that work on their
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone to join our team that will bring the
following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a corporate or mid-market
tax environment within an accounting practice
- Tertiary qualified in Commerce or Law, and working towards
a CA/CPA or Masters of Tax qualification
- Mandarin speaking skills, whilst not essential, would be
looked upon favourably
- Technically proficient and demonstrate a keen interest and
desire to develop their knowledge and keep updated with the
latest taxation law and accounting developments.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members
- Prior experience working with and developing good
relationships with clients
- Good time management skills and be able to prioritise work
and meet deadlines for a large group of clients
- Professional presentation and possess excellent
interpersonal and communication skills which will be
consistently used in dealings with clients, partners and staff
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications.
Why join our team?
- We believe in building meaningful
relationships with our new team members from the
moment we first connect
- Upon commencing, you will have a buddy to
show you the ropes!
- Join a firm that is growing and open to
change and disruption in today’s
- Our clients operate across the globe and our people reflect
- Studying your CA/CPA? We will support you with this
- This is real life, so there will be times when you need to
work extra hours to deliver for our clients. But we give you
those hours back in quieter periods through a benefit we call
- Maintain a balanced
lifestyle, with two extra paid days
off a year, volunteer leave, sporting, community and
- Our values are at the very heart of our
firm and guide the way we interact within our firm and the
manner in which we interact and engage with you
- Building a career at SW will see you join a hardworking and
friendly team that values creating
opportunities for our people and our clients. Create
your own individual story and become a part of ours.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now!