The Global Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance (“FC CTA”) function is a globally centralized independent testing program within the Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) group, which assesses the effectiveness of the design and operation of key 1st and 2nd Line of Defense controls in identifying, managing, and/or mitigating financial crime risks (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions). The Senior Data Analyst will report into a Global CTA Data Analytics and Assurance Team Lead and will lead and perform data analysis to assess the data integrity in key AML/CTF systems, carry out the design and effectiveness testing of key financial crime controls and implement the testing automation for the global peers within the FC CTA function.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a team looking to expand its data analytics capabilities in order to introduce new techniques and approaches, and further enhance the depth and coverage of financial crime control testing. Additionally, the position will provide a platform to interact with global and cross-functional stakeholders. The role would be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Support the FC CTA group by gathering testing requirements from team and proposing feasible and effective data analytics solutions;
- Define which data is required for data analytics, and engage with appropriate IT platform owners to acquire such data;
- Prepare, cleanse and upload data into chosen data analytics too(s)l to perform analyses;
- Proactively identify areas of financial crime risk, areas of improvement, and root causes of issues identified;
- Liaise with control owners/performers to discuss identified issues, root cause, severity level, course of action, due dates, and assigned issue and action owner(s);
- Ensure that effective and timely corrective action plans are in place to address financial crime risks and issues identified;
- Prepare reports with detailed summaries and visual aids of findings and issues identified to present to Senior Management and control owners;
- Ensure any deficiencies identified in reviews are documented in the appropriate systems;
- Assess results of reviews to identify trends and opportunities for program or control enhancement;
- Update and maintain algorithms and codes used in data analytics reviews;
- Support the maintenance of global CTA standards based on regional changes to controls and identified risks and priorities; and
- Other general FCC responsibilities, as needed.
- A department, which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.