Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 7.3 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay evolves quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
You may also check out our LinkedIn page: [...] This position will be based in our newly setup Shanghai Technology Center.
• As a data scientist, you are enthusiastic to build the data foundation to support advanced machine learning, including developing, implementing and auditing advanced variables and features
• Responsible for building/maintaining alerts, dashboards, and metrics to monitor availability and quality of live data, features and models
• Master with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as SQL, Spark, and Python
• Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts to formulate innovative solutions for advanced features and models
• Partner with product and engineering team in implementing features and models, and enhancing systems
• Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years of hands-on experience extracting and manipulating large data
• 2+ years of experience with scripting in SQL, Python
• Experience building visualizations using large datasets and multiple data sources
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience
• Self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
• Intellectually curious and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Exceptional time management skills; has the ability to multi-task and triage the evolving responsibilities of the role
• Superb communication and organization skills, with the ability to simplify and present complex engineering and analytical concepts to an executive audience
• Understanding of modern machine learning techniques is an advantage but not essential
• Work experience in risk or payments is an advantage but not essential.