Configuration and Maintenance
- Install, configure, test, upgrade and maintain Microsoft SQL database servers and
- Monitor and Manage system health and performance, to ensure high levels of
performance, availability, and security. Maintain database integrity.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities, after office
- Proactively and reactively work towards increasing performance through hardware
reconfiguration, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Conduct Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system
utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the databases to include roll-out and
- Responsible for database design and implementation, including all elements of database
security implementation, user management and maintenance.
- Ensure 24/7 availability and performance of the databases and supporting critical
production systems. Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum
downtime. Work towards ensuring that the database environment is tuned for best
- Control database access permissions and privileges
- Control and maintain access to reporting environment.
- Ensure that the DB Server security setup adheres to business security requirements.
- Analyze SQL queries and SPs and implement required performance improvements
- Work with the development team on creating and updating stored procedures, views etc, to
support the ERP / Reporting needs of the business
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policy and procedures.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Document the company’s database environment and ensure the same is reviewed and updated