At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
ROLE: Sr. Design Engineer, as a part of multi-disciplinary projects teams, is responsible to provide design support to technically challenging projects globally. Engineer would produce structural analysis models / designs and shall be responsible for the technical quality of his own work and would focus on compliance with project objectives, safety and quality standards. Aware of new technology, latest construction materials, ability to adapt to new technologies, global markets and learning new stuff.
- Experience into analysis & design of buildings of various sectors like High Rise Buildings, Hospitality, Healthcare, Mission Critical Buildings etc.
- Ability to develop Structural concepts to effectively compliment Architectural designs.
- Demonstrate full commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Understanding the basic structural engineering principles and leading a team of assistant engineers & drafters in delivering detailed design.
- Preparation and checking of the detailed structural calculations and detailed checking of the drawings in line with the project quality procedures.
- Understand Project Procedure, Execution Plans, Quality Plans and assist Project Manager in the proper execution of the project activities.
- Assist PM in organizing weekly meetings, compiling meeting notes, weekly project reports and such other project documentation.
- Communicate/coordinate within the team and with the Client/lead office to ensure project needs are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Capable of leading / handling large projects independently
- Capable of interacting with all stakeholders including client and vendors.
- Coordinate with Project Controls and help PM plan and control the project as per the requirements of the schedule and help compile and issue progress and productivity reports.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good spoken and written English language skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Mention any professional affiliations/certifications.
- Should be open for short travel and deputation to other offices, where required.
- Flexibility of working anywhere globally.
- Post Graduate Civil / Structural Engineering with42-15 years’ experience with minimum 10 years of professional experience.
- Professional Engineer / Certifications like ISructE, CEng preferred.
- Experience in Structural Design for Buildings using RC / Steel materials.
- Understanding of General Arrangement, RC / Steel detailing drawings and guiding / checking technician work.
- Experience on conceptualization of structural design based on Architectural concept.
- REVIT understanding is preferred.
- Must have experience on international projects (Middle East experience preferred), self-motivated, team player and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience in BIM management as an additional skill will be preferred.
- Has in depth knowledge of building structural design and elements.
- Knowledge of local India and International codes and best-industry practices.
- Also, hands-on experience of structural design of projects.
- Software – ETABS SAFE, SAP 2000, Staad Pro, REVIT Structures, TEDDs. Robot
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
: India-India Countrywide-Navi Mumbai-IN - Navi Mumbai, Empire Tower