We are seeking a talented and dynamic designer for the role of Senior Designer (Corporate Interiors) for our key client; one of the leading Architecture and design firms in India.
About the role
The senior deisgner will be overall responsible for leading a project for both Design Consultancy & Design Build Projects and ensure that project is completed within budget and schedule while meeting business objectives and design guidelines.
A Key highlight of the scope will be to ensure client satisfaction and high standards of project delivery and maintaining project budgets (for design & build projects)
Project Designing, Planning &Delivery: -
- Design working along with the Associate Director & Associate Design Lead to develop concept/plans for all projects and execute them, simultaneously in different stages, to ensure that the implementation takes place as per schedule and in line with high quality standards required.
- Liaise with the clients to understand their requirements and ensure delivery of the design in-line with the requirements
- Ensure that the project complies with all legal requirements and all other specified parameters
- Prepare and make project-related presentations to clients.
- Schedule & coordinate meetings, publish meeting agendas, capture and publish minutes of meeting to keep track of requirements, grievances and feedback
- Maintain an issues log and timely resolution (with the log for time taken to resolve issues) of the issues in an effective and comprehensive manner.
- Understand, implement and follow relevant methodology, processes and standards to ensure that all project team members understand and follow them.
- Ensure invoices are raised on-time and outstanding are collected as per the terms agreed with the client.
- Maintain a detailed project plan with clear cut milestones and associated resources requirements for every project.
Drawings, Designs & Documentation:-
- Ensure complete ownership of BOQ, Specification & GFC drawings that are delivered to the site.
- Ensure working drawings adhere to standards.
- Ensure drawings for D&B projects are in line with internal procurement team.
- Provide necessary inputs in the development & detailing of designs as and when required.
- Maintain project documentation as required to ensure a record of revisions issued thereby maintaining a log for change management
Co-ordination and Site Supervision:-
- Interacting with Service Consultants / Partners, Project Team, Design Team, Architect Team & Technical Staff for execution of project.
- Coordinate with the Site Supervisor to note the progress on site.
- Check sample materials used to ensure they adhere to quality standards and comply with the design.
Liaison for Completion Certificates: -
- Liaison with certificate bodies to obtain required certificates for proper completion of project.
- Coordinate with architect and structural engineers.
Communication (External & Internal):-
- Provide periodic updates to the client in a clear and documented manner of all aspects of the projects on the status of the project as per the milestones agreed.
- Interact regularly with team members involved in project to ensure smooth execution of the project.
- Provide periodic updates on the status of various projects to Studio Head, &DSP Management
- Provide regular updates to Billing & Accounts on invoicing and projection of projects billing cycle.
Key requirements to succeed
- Interior Designer with a minimum of 8-9 years of experience
- Relevant experience of working on Corporate Interiors/Workplace design projects
- Strong design sensibility and the technical ability to develop a project from concept to execution.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A team player with time management and organisational skills.
- Registered Diploma or Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Excellent knowledge of design tools such as AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop