- 6-months contract (possibility to extend)
- Full Time position – 38 hours per week
- Free onsite parking available
Inchcape Australia, part of a global organisation is a market leader in the automotive services sector. We proudly import and distribute Subaru, Peugeot, and Citroen, retail quality vehicles on behalf of our brand partners through Trivett Automotive Retail and provide premium parts logistics and vehicle delivery services with AutoNexus.
Our vision is to be to be "The world's most trusted automotive Distributor and Retailer"
through our 5 key global strategies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a driven Senior Desktop Engineer to join our team on a 6-month contract (possibility to extend). As well as managing 1x Desktop Engineer located in Melbourne, you will also be responsible for:
- Provide telephone and face to face technical support to users.
- Ensuring all hardware/software installations and routine upgrades are implemented according to Service Level Agreements.
- Ensuring technical queries not progressing are escalated to appropriate support teams according to establish procedures.
- Providing an effective interface between users and service provider’s supplying all necessary diagnostic information according to procedures.
- Train level 1 staff where appropriate so that the number of ongoing calls escalated to level 2 support is limited.
- Problem management – responsibility of all IT staff to identify areas whereby a root cause analysis and long term solution should be identified and implemented.
- Own the EndPoint Domain including H/W, SOE and core desktop app roadmaps
- Test, maintain and update SOE images
- Ensure the integrity of Asset Management and Procurement processes
- Consultancy with Business to gather support requirements and translate them into service deliverables
- Work with external vendors where necessary to implement effective technical and operational solutions
- Plan, Build, test and implement assigned technical projects.
- Ensure a high-performance high engagement culture within the team
Who are you?
- 2+ years’ experience in a team leadership position
- 5+ years’ experience in an EndPoint/Desktop/Field Services role
- 5+ year experience in supporting a Microsoft based environment (Windows, Office, Active Directory, Exchange, Office365 etc)
- Strong Desktop (Hardware/Software), and procurement experience
- Extensive experience in Desktop technologies, including Microsoft products (Windows, Office, SharePoint), Citrix, Mobile devices (MDM), WIFI and Desktop Security
- Understanding of network fundamentals (WAN / LAN / WIFI)
- PowerShell Scripting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with prioritising support tasks and monitoring outstanding issues
- High level of accuracy with good attention to detail
- Proven skills as team player
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is looking to take ownership of the role and work with a dedicated team.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and believe you meet the above criteria, please apply below.