Liferay is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to be part of our Engineering team.
If you enjoy solving problems and thrive in a customer-centric environment, you don’t just focus on operations but also love running systems and software in the real world and you love being able to build, ship, and run applications with ease, at Liferay you will have the opportunity to experience it all!
- Manage release process and pipelines;
- Monitor system performance, security, and functionality;
- Manage support tickets and patches for systems;
- Create and maintain architectural, security and other documentation as needed for each system supported;
- Provide technical support to include troubleshooting user operating problems, application problems, system configuration issues and malfunctions, and network operating problems in a cloud environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Experience running and operating Kubernetes on a public cloud;
- Experience with Docker and Terraform;
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment;
- Experience scripting in some of the common languages used by system engineers (shell, golang);
- Experience operating large-scale distributed systems preferably using GCP;
- Knowledge of Networking, VPN, identifying and solving network issues;
- Strong communication and team player skills;
- Comfortable with Agile practices for delivering iterative solutions to the business.
- Experience with at least one of the following managed Kubernetes services:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience in automating development processes and environments.
- Experience implementing full CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines.
- Experience with LetsEncrypt integrated with Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, NGINX, Tomcat, Git, Jenkins.
- Any of the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What do we offer?
- Salary package according to qualifications and experience;
- Competitive benefits;
- A positive and collaborative work culture - we like to Stay Nerdy!;
- Working at a leading open source company with strong growth opportunities;
- Remuneration compatible with the qualification and experience required;
- Flexible schedule;
- Work in a successful company with strong growth, with incredible values and mission: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.