LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We are a company of fun-loving, hard-working achievers. We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear — we are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. And we’re doing that while nurturing consideration for humanity. We give back to our community and encourage all people to come as they are and find their own version of personal and professional harmony here. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
You'll be working in the central business district of Pune, India. When you join LogicMonitor, you’ll be working alongside some of the brightest minds in one of the fastest growing global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor Engineering team is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer who can help maintain uptime of LogicMonitor's SaaS based service and drive technical/process enhancements to improve uptime. As a part of an agile development team, you will help deploy production applications and drive improvements to the deployment process, design and deploy new application components, design and deploy new infrastructures and integrations. The Senior Devops Engineer will work closely with developers to drive operational and architecture/design changes.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Ensure security of the production environment
- Meet with prospective customers as needed
- Write code to automate various aspects of infrastructure maintenance and and deployments
- Support development and work closely with developers to drive operational and architecture/design changes
- Own, manage, and execute multiple large and technically complex projects across teams
- Act as a strategic resource for the company with the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations for other departments, customers, and conferences
- Consistently lead by example in providing good documentation, thorough runbooks, attention to detail, and DDFD completeness in work.
- Ownership of the new-hire process
- Providing alignment between business objectives and the team's pursuit of technology improvements
- Ownership of remediation actions for Service Disruptions and Outages
- Develop and maintain relationships with other groups within LogicMonitor to help ensure the forward trajectory of company
- In conjunction with the Principal Engineer and the Director of TechOps, help monitor work output, quality, and timeliness; help maintain the balance between planned and unplanned activities, help with task prioritization and assignment
- In a boots on the ground role, make decisions, build consensus, escalate, and communicate as appropriate to facilitate the success of a project, and the success and cohesiveness of the team and the company.
- Provide direct technical guidance to help team members achieve goals and improve their productivity.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of new engineers
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years working in senior data center operations positions
- Expert understanding of linux system administration and 6+ years of hands-on experience
- Expert understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Thorough understanding of various software application stacks
- Well versed in security principles, both system and network
- Extensive experience in various application scaling methodologies, including (but not limited to) load balancers
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as chef, puppet or ansible
- Extensive experience with java applications.
- Extensive experience with CI and build systems
- Significant experience with virtualization and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Signification experience with relational databases (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (eg MongoDB) in both administration and querying
- Significant experience programming and scripting (java/ruby/python/shell/go).
- Significant experience with source code management tools (git).
- High level understanding of networking technologies (routing, switching, firewalls, iptables, etc)
- Experience with bamboo, or other continuous integration build environments.
- Experience with package management systems (RPM, ruby gems, etc)
- Experience with Log management tools like SumoLogic, Kibana and monitoring tools like Graphana
- An strong understanding of SOA and High Availability systems
- Experience successfully training and mentoring technical personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a track record of improving documentation and processes
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.