Our Newcastle team is continuing to grow and diversify our range of clients. We are looking for a Senior Ecologist to join our team in the Hunter to support this growth. Your role will include leading field flora, fauna and ecological surveys and associated reporting to support a diverse range of projects for internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivery of environmental surveys and impact assessments of terrestrial ecosystems, specifically flora and fauna, biodiversity and habitat
- Advanced plant community identification skills
- Ability to coordinate and lead field surveys including terrestrial flora and fauna
- Understanding and application of all relevant legislation that underpins ecological projects
- Production of high-quality technical reports
- Provide technical support and assistance to the team
- Identify issues and problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resources or related field
- Preferably BAM Accredited
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in either an environmental consultancy or the public sector including undertaking ecological/ environmental surveys and report production
- Experience using Arc GIS, ESRI and ePrimer
- High level flora and fauna identification skills
- Advanced report writing skills
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Driver’s licence essential, 4wd experience and accreditation preferable
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
Position includes both office and fieldwork and the applicant must be physically able to stand and work in the field including in remote areas for extended periods of time.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & well-being:
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Well-being benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities
If you are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can be mentored and further grow and develop under the guidance and support of industry experts, please include a brief CV and cover letter addressing the criteria above, and apply today!
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.